It’s been an exciting six weeks for Kylie Jenner. First it was Kylie Jenner’s public affair with
marijuana fried chicken, then the painful acknowledgment that her lips were made of laboratory substances, and then a very special episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians where her family wondered if Tyga has too much influence in her life. Yes, it’s been a wildly weird and very Kardashian year for Kylie. But now Kylie supposedly has something to celebrate: the 17-year-old is (maybe?) secretly engaged to 25-year-old Tyga.
Kylie accepted Tyga’s proposal a few weeks ago and made the announcement to her family,” an insider told In Touch magazine. “She wants to get married as soon as she turns 18 in August.”
Kylie is really excited and Tyga gave her a “symbolic ring.” Supposedly the big, official engagement announcement will come on her 18th birthday. Teens. [Radar]
It’s time for you to brush off your Rhythm Nation dance moves: Janet Jackson announced that she is going on tour and making a new album. “I promised you’d hear it from my lips, and now you will,” Jackson says in the video. “This year: new music, new world tour, a new movement.” [E!]
Ginger Spice Geri Halliwell married a Formula One guy on Friday. She looked very nice and very British! Scary Spice and Baby Spice came to the wedding, but Victoria Beckham and Sporty Spice were totally out of the country and couldn’t make it. And even though half of the Spice Girls had to skip the nuptials, Mr. T did manage to make it to the wedding. [Page Six]
- David Lynch’s Twin Peaks reboot has been on again, off again, on again since the project was announced. It’s definitely on again. Lynch confirmed on Twitter that he will direct nine (maybe more) episodes for Showtime. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Carrie Underwood’s baby is pretty cute. [Us Weekly]
- Emma Stone at Cannes: Does she look great or a little too close to the lead of a 90s teen drama? Or is looking like Julia Stiles circa 10 Things I Hate About You synonymous with looking great? [Lainey Gossip]
- Kit Harrington is still standing up for the hunks of the world. He’s seeking equality and justice for those men who just want to keep their shirt on! [Just Jared]
- Nate Berkus and longtime partner Jeremiah Brent welcomed a baby girl. Her name is Poppy. [People]
- Modern Family star Ariel Winter has been emancipated from her mother. [Page Six]
- Kate Walsh has a new TV show. Hopefully it’s much, much better than Bad Judge. [Just Jared]
- Jonathan Bennett—better known as the guy who played Aaron Samuels in Mean Girls—is sick of being asked about a reunion. “I don’t give a fuck, no,” he told Us. “No more Mean Girls reunions!” He seems like a pleasant young man. [Us Weekly]
Image via Getty.