Amber Rose says that she’s “pretty sure 21 women have reached out to me so far” accusing Kanye West affiliate Ian Connor of sexual assault, and that the women are “from all over the world that do not know each other but have similar stories.”
In a new interview with The Daily Beast promoting her forthcoming talk show, the writer brought up the “very troubling” accusations against Connor, which now amount to seven women coming forward but have not yet resulted in charges. Rose implied that those women would be appearing at her second annual Slutwalk, which will occur October 1 in Los Angeles, and said:
Because I have my SlutWalk, all of the women [who’ve accused Ian Connor] have reached out to me as well. They want to come to my SlutWalk and tell their story on my stage. I have that platform for them to do so. I’m not a lawyer. I can’t prosecute anyone or say, “What she’s saying is exactly the truth.” I wasn’t there. Honestly, seven came out and I’m pretty sure 21 women have reached out to me so far. So I’m assuming there are more [stories] coming out. It’s innocent until proven guilty, but when you have 21 women from all over the world that do not know each other but have similar stories, it gets to the point where it’s like… enough.
Connor responded to Rose’s statements via Twitter, and Muva clapped back:
Rose’s comments come a week after Connor seemed to get into a minor physical altercation with musician Theophilus London and stylist A$AP Bari at a book signing in Paris held by West creative director Virgil Abloh (who at one point employed Connor). A war of words on Twitter ensued, including London repeating the accusations against Connor after he’d long defended him. Today, London talked to Complex about that change of heart, saying that he now believes that the accusations are true based on his friendship with a woman he had met through Connor. London also claimed that Kanye has since fired Connor:
Kanye fired him. That’s all he had left, and that’s why he only kept promoting, “Kanye, Kanye, Kanye! My 9 to 5!” Putting videos of him and Kanye. It’s not a good look to Ye, because every time you write about this rapist, they gonna mention Kanye.
Ian Connor has not been charged with any crime, though one of the accusers, Malika Anderson, filed a report in Georgia. That case was reportedly shelved for lack of evidence.
Image via Getty.