Just when we were all hoping that Amanda Bynes was doing better (despite the strange behavior, mysterious twitters and threats to sue the tabloids), her life has taken another devastating turn. TMZ reports that Bynes' parents and Sam Lutfi have tricked the troubled star into into a psychiatric hold.
If you recognize Lutfi's name, it's because he's the same manager who was medicating Britney Spears (recklessly, according to her parents) in 2008. Now, he's helping Bynes' parents help Amanda. Or something. I don't know. Involuntary psychiatric holds are difficult and intrusive and being tricked into one could possibly be more devastating than anything else.
Here's what TMZ reports happened after Bynes flew out to California on the pretense of suing her parents:
We now have more clarification as to how Lutfi pulled it off. He told Amanda her car would be making 2 stops. First, to the lawyer's office in Pasadena and then to the London Hotel in West Hollywood where she would confront her parents and tell them about the lawsuit.
She never got to the London, because the driver went to a Pasadena hospital which looked like an office building. Amanda thought she was going to see the lawyer but when she walked inside she was surrounded by hospital staff.
Bynes' hold will last 72 hours. If it's deemed medically necessary, the hold can be extened to 14 days. TMZ also reports that the guy Bynes said she was getting married to has stated that the two were friends in rehab, never dated and haven't spoken in months.
Angelina Jolie is now officially a dame, making her about ten thousand times more regal than you or I will ever be. Even when she's just at home eating cheesy puffs in her underwear. And I'm not just saying that because I am at home right now eating cheesy puffs in my underwear while writing this.
Jolie was awarded the title several months ago for her work on ending domestic violence, but only met with Camilla Parker Bowles at the time (which is a sad consolation prize because Bowles does not have many inbred and fat corgis). This week Jolie met with the queen and received the title personally. One hopes she also played with the corgis and that then she and the queen just got high in their underwear and ate cheese puffs and laughed and laughed and laughed about the fact that strangers are fucking in the palace. (And also probably Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie) [Celebitchy]
Jennifer Hudson is afraid of spiders. She's so scared, in fact, that she recently left her house via a different door than she usually does because there was a spider just chilling near her preferred exit. Aside from the fact that I need to remind everyone that spiders are awesome and nice (this message brought to you by Spiders for Congress 2014), I'm really impressed by the fact that Jennifer Hudson has so many doors to choose from. I only have one door I can leave through in my house. Well, two, actually...but one doesn't count because ghosts live there. [People]*
- Willow Smith tweeted that "being a leader in the 1970′s is unlike anything a kid of the 21 century will ever experience in a lifetime." Responses ranged from the expected "WTF" to the expected "please follow me" to the profound "u never kno," which was clearly written by a future leader of America. One fan wrote "i wasn't born in the 70s but i was already a leader back then. xo." Yeah, ok, but How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real? [JustJared]
- Miranda Lambert hates vegetables. NEWS! [People]
- Chelsea Handler says that being friends with Jennifer Aniston is a "real burden" becaue people keep asking her about Aniston's wedding all the time. Could there really be that many people interested in Rachel Getting Married? If I met Chelsea Handler, I'd only ask her about that amazing Piers Morgan interview she did. Have you seen it? Because it is amazing. [TooFab]
- Here's Kim Kardashian showing off cleavage despite the fact that she's a mom now and her breasts should only be used for providing sustenance until they are dried up old husks that make sad rattling noises as she walks. At least I'm assuming that that's why Life&Style had a huge headline about it. Isn't Kim always dressed like this? She is in her game WHERE SHE MADE ME WEAR THIS HORRIBLE BEIGE MONSTROSITY TO MY OWN BIRTHDAY PARTY AND THEN FUCKING HAND-HUGGED ME. THAT SHOULD REALLY BE THE HEADLINE HERE: KIM KARDASHIAN TREATS HER VIRTUAL FRIENDS POORLY. VIRTUAL FRIENDS THAT ARE ON THE A-LIST [L&S]
- Paige Hyland (that one girl who was never on top of the pyramid because she wasn't as good as Maddie) has sued Abby Lee Miller for assault. I don't even think anyone needs evidence at this point. Have you seen the show? I'm afraid that Abby Lee Miller (have to use her full name or she will get angry) will hit me, and I'm at home on my couch. In my underwear. Eating cheese puffs. CALLBACK. NAILED IT. [Realitytea]
- This headline: RDJ's 'The Judge' Is 10 Lousy Movies Crammed Into One Syphilitic Clown Car. [Pajiba]
- The video for 5SOS' new song is out. Prepare to hear it at every Macy's and Nordstrom you visit this holiday season for conservative fashions at reasonable prices. Sometimes my partner makes me visit several department stores in one day, so I will be hearing this song possibly three to four times a weekend. It's just like being brainwashed (except sometimes I get a present for being good and not whining about how long it's taking Allen to shop for pants). [Seventeen]
- Ariana Grande took several artistic (read: B&W) photos of her laptop to let everyone know she was watching American Horror Story. Quoth the Grande: Nevermore. Wait, that's not right. Quoth the Grande: EVERYTHING!!!!!! [MTV]
- Ariane Grande (two celebrity bolds in one day! You're killing it, girl!) isn't wrong: The premiere of Freak Show was amazing. Did you see Jessica Lange sing "Is There Life on Mars?" No? Let me show you it! And then let me annoy you with ten renditions in my horrible german accent. I was singing it in the car yesterday and Allen asked me if I was going for Dietrich or a slightly constipated Hitler. Rude.
- Reese Witherspoon is ready to direct. [E!]
- Hugh Grant has decided not to star in the third Bridget Jones film. Understandable, because it was an awful book. [Us]
- Cameron Diaz may/may not be engaged to Benji Madden. Glad we cleared that up. [PopSugar]
It's Saturday! Let's spend it together. It'll be just like old times.
*Yes, I just really wanted to use that GIF.
Lead image via Getty