Uma Thurman wished her Instagram followers a happy Thanksgiving yesterday, but she also took the opportunity to speak out against Harvey Weinstein. “I said I was angry recently, and I have a few reasons, #metoo, in case you couldn’t tell by the look on my face,” she posted, as reported by Deadline, before telling Weinstein he doesn’t “deserve a bullet.” She paired the message with a fearsome still from Kill Bill vol. 2 for good measure.
Thurman has long been the muse of Quentin Tarantino, who collaborated on films with Weinstein for decades and admitted, not long after news of Weinstein’s alleged pattern of sexual harassment and assault broke, that he “knew enough to do more than I did.”
“There was more to it than just the normal rumors, the normal gossip. It wasn’t secondhand,” Tarantino told the New York Times in October. “I knew he did a couple of these things.”
Earlier this month, Access Hollywood asked Thurman about sexual harassment women face in the workplace. Thurman said she would address the Weinstein allegations when she was feeling “less angry.”
Looks like that moment is now. Stay tuned.
Miley Cyrus would like everyone to know she is not pregnant.
Apparently, some fans mistook her food baby for a gestating baby in a recent photo. They are wrong.
- Ryan Phillippe has decided not to sue his ex-girlfriend for defamation. [Celebitchy]
- Future got some fancy birthday gifts. [TMZ]
- Singer-songwriter Tommy Keene has died at age 59. [Variety]
- One of the Twilight vampires got married. [E! Online]
- DJ Khaled’s 1-year-old son would like a Cartier bracelet for Christmas, as would I. [Page Six]
- Serena Williams’ wedding ring is very big. [Us Weekly]