In an interview published in the New York Times on Thursday, director Quentin Tarantino admitted he’s been hearing for decades about Harvey Weinstein’s alleged pattern of sexual misconduct towards women. Despite this, he continued to collaborate with Weinstein on multiple films and hasn’t spoken publicly about what he knew until now.
“I knew enough to do more than I did,” Tarantino told the Times. “There was more to it than just the normal rumors, the normal gossip. It wasn’t secondhand. I knew he did a couple of these things.”
The Pulp Fiction director knew, for instance, that a former girlfriend of his, Mira Sorvino, had alleged Weinstein sexually harassed her, because she told him about it herself. He heard a similar story from a different actress years later and knew about Rose McGowan’s settlement with Weinstein, too. Tarantino admitted that if he’d been a responsible, decent person at the time he, “would have had to not work with him.”
Weinstein and Tarantino partnered as producer and director on a slew of influential projects, including Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Inglorious Basterds, and the Kill Bill movies.
Victoria’s Secret model Sara Sampaio alleged in an Instagram post on Thursday that she she never consented to be photographed nude on the fall cover of men’s magazine Lui, and that the photo violates her “no nudity” contract.
- Shia LaBeouf pled guilty to a misdemeanor obstruction charge; prosecutors dropped a public drunkenness charge against him. [EW]
- I love reading mean movie reviews! Also, what were you expecting?! Also, I’d still see though! [EW]
- Kim Kardashian eats a maximum of 1800 calories per day. Snacks include one carrot, half of a small apple. [People]
- And Courtney Kardashian doesn’t use a microwave! [People]
- Blac Chyna’s mom, Tokyo Toni, filed a $1 million lawsuit against Wendy Williams for allegedly making comments that caused her to be stressed out and depressed. [Page Six]
- Solange Knowles says that demanding she have physical and creative control over her own body has cost her plenty of career opportunities. [Page Six]
- Shade to the side. [Page Six]