Here’s a brief update on how some potential legal action against Harvey Weinstein—whom many dozens of women have accused of sexual misconduct—is panning out.
Greg Risling, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County District Attorney, told The Hollywood Reporter on Tuesday that two investigations into allegations against Harvey Weinstein had been filed to their office and are “under review.”
Lt. Elisabeth Albanese, another spokesperson for the office told Variety, “I can confirm there’s been two cases presented. We’re not releasing any details about the cases until the D.A. has reviewed it and made a conclusion on whether they’re filing charges.”
The cases were filed last month with the Beverly Hills Police Department, then referred to the DA’s office. The Los Angeles Times reported that Beverly Hills police announced last month that they were handling dozen of ongoing investigations into celebrities accused of sex crimes, including one case against Weinstein.
Variety also reported on Tuesday that five accusations against director James Toback have also been submitted to the L.A. DA’s office. Toback has denied the allegations against him, and Weinstein has denied all accusations of non-consensual sexual contact.
Weinstein is currently being investigated by Scotland Yard, the LAPD, the New York District Attorney’s Office and the NYPD.