Usher is separating from wife Grace Miguel after two years of marriage.
The couple, who have been together for a total of 10 years, announced their separation in a joint statement to Us Weekly on Tuesday. “After much thought and consideration we have mutually decided to separate as a couple,” the statement read. “We remain deeply connected, loving friends who will continue supporting each other through the next phases of our lives. The enormous amount of love and respect that we have for each other will only increase as we move forward.”
Usher and Miguel, who is the singer’s manager, have reportedly been living apart for the last two months.
Last summer, a woman filed a $20 million lawsuit against Usher, claiming he exposed her to the herpes simplex 2 virus, with which Usher has been diagnosed. Several other people later alleged the singer exposed them to the virus without first disclosing his STI status, as is required by law in some states. The initial lawsuit was dismissed in November.
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s two-year-old daughter, Jasmine, had an undisclosed medical emergency on Saturday night. Apparently he had to call 911 to transport her to the emergency room, so he posted an Instagram video on Tuesday thanking 911 operators, fire department first responders and the UCLA medical staff for helping him through the ordeal. It is very sweet:
Thankfully, Jasmine is now doing fine.
- Tori Spelling, a person I vaguely remember, celebrated her son’s first birthday. [People]
- Lala Kent is mad at Jennifer Lawrence. [People]
- Michael Shannon watched Shape of Water, a film he was IN, win the Academy Award for Best Picture in a Chicago dive bar, as one should. [TIME]
- Martin Shkreli is keeping us from hearing Cher perform on a Wu-Tang album, which should be its own crime. [TMZ]
- I don’t even watch The Bachelor and I know this is funny. [People]