Many people tutted and wagged a finger in Scarlett Johansson’s general direction for attending the Met Ball in a dress by Marchesa—the label of Georgina Chapman, estranged ex-wife of eczematous cretin Harvey Weinstein. Now the statements are rolling out, about why she wore the dress, should she have worn the dress, is the dress fine, is Scarlett fine, etc!
ScarJo: “I wore Marchesa because their clothes make women feel confident and beautiful and it is my pleasure to support a brand created by two incredibly talented and important female designers.”
Stephen Colbert (OK): Georgina Chapman “shouldn’t be punished for the sins of her husband.”
Anna Wintour: “I mean, Georgina is a brilliant designer, and I don’t think that she should be blamed for her husband’s behavior. I think it was a great gesture of support on Scarlett’s part to wear a dress like—a beautiful dress like that on such a public occasion.”
Marchesa: “We are truly honored that Scarlett chose to wear Marchesa for the Met Gala. She is an amazingly talented actor who has incredible style and presence. It was wonderful to work so closely with her in creating this custom look.”
Thank you everyone for weighing in!
This fun item—Miranda Kerr and Snapchat man Evan Spiegel—have completed one cycle of celebrity couplehood, which means you can power down that part of your brain and forget about them for a while: They had a baby! Yay baby!
Kerr gave birth to Hart, a bouncing baby boy, on Tuesday, Us Weekly reports. This is the second child for Kerr, who has a son named Flynn with her ex-husband Orlando Bloom—another fun facet of this relationship which delights me to no end. A brief perusal of Kerr’s Instagram in search of confirmation of this child’s birth yielded no results, but she did post this pretty picture of herself posing in some Gunne Sax-derivative maternity wear, which is nice.
I do not know if Spiegelman Snapchatted any part of the birthing process, but I sincerely hope for Miranda’s sake that he did not.
- When Lea Michele walks down the aisle to join herself in holy matrimony with Zandy Reich, Jonathan Groff will be there to hold her bouquet, gather her train, and cry as her maid of honor. [Page Six]
- Luann De Lessep says someone “slipped” something into her beverage the night she got arrested. [People]
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller are done. [TMZ]
- I’m mad that I fell for People’s “Babies” clickbait about Khloe Kardashian’s nickname for her daughter True. [People]
- AHHHHH CONGRATS KARAMO!!!! [E! News]