Hello, stargazers! Scarlett Johansson would like you to please STOP calling her "ScarJo" because ScarJo is a nickname and nicknames are for friends and Scarlett Johansson is NO FRIEND OF YOURS. In an interview with Glamour, she explained that "there's something insulting about it."
I associate that name with, like, pop star … [it] sounds tacky. It's lazy and flippant ... There's something insulting about it.
Very well. Also, in Vanity Fair, she talks about how much she loves dating an ordinary non-famous normal (French journalist Romain Dauriac).
'It is [easier to be with someone who isn't famous], but it's more than that,' she told Vanity Fair.
'We do different things. He's in the whole art-scene world.
'So it's nice, because we can enjoy each other's worlds, but we don't have our crazy conflicting schedules and all that other stuff to contend with.'
Having dated her fair share of actors, the 29-year-old now sees the appeal of someone from outside the industry.
'Of course, actors in general, they're obsessed with emotions,' she explained, before joking 'Although, he's French, so he's probably overly into his emotions.'
Also, baguettes. [TheCut] [DailyMail] [Glamour]
Lena Dunham spoke about her sister's coming out.
"I have always felt a strong and emotional connection to members of the LGBTQ community. It was actually a huge disappointment for me, when I came of age and realized that I was sexually attracted to men. So when my sister came out, Ithought, Thank God, someone in this family can truly represent my passions and beliefs.
"My sister Grace coming out as a gay woman at age 17 was a huge turning point for me in my understanding of the issues facing LGBTQ people. We were raised in an environment—the art world of downtown Manhattan—where no one hid their sexual orientation, and a common question from four-year-old me was 'Mom, are those ladies gay together?' I was always very jealous of any child who had two dads. And because of our parents' deeply held commitment to acceptance and equality, my sister's process of coming to terms with her sexuality was as angst-free as anything involving sex can really be. She was assured by the adults in her life that she was not only accepted, but adored for who she is. I am so happy that this is the way she was able to enter the world as a woman and an LGBTQ person."
Kirstie Alley responds to backlash over her comment, "I'm not circus fat."
The former Fat Actress star appeared on Rachael Ray's daytime talk show and told her, "So, on my ad, I say I'm not fat-fat, I'm not circus fat, I've just gained 30 pounds. Well first of all, I'm talking about myself, and second of all, I grew up in an era—pioneer days—I grew up in an era where my dad would take me to the fair and to the circus and they actually had fat ladies in the circus."
She added, "Everybody in the audience was so thin that they would bring out this fat lady and would like, point and laugh. Which is hideous, I get it. But, I am talking about myself. So anyway, I think I can call myself whatever I want to call myself."
Yeah, except the entire point of the quote is that you weren't "talking about yourself," you were distancing yourself from those other "bad" fat people. How about fuck off. [E!]
- Game of Thrones has been renewed for two more seasons. I ACCEPT. [Variety]
- J Lo and Pitbull made a song for the World Cup. So. Enjoy? [Vulture]
- Justin Bieber got a neck tattoo that says "patience." [MTV]
- Harper Beckham is the "most stylish celebrity kid." [E!]
- Rumer Willis is "provocative in a sexy bodysuit." K. [JustJared]
- Gwyneth Paltrow tweeted this adorbs pic of her and Moses on his birthday. [Us]
- Giuliana Rancic backs Kristen Bell on the celebrity kid-pic ban and says she feels "violated." [Yahoo]
- Here is a childhood picture of Cara Delevigne. I do not know which child she is, but I'm sure you guys can figure it out. [ONTD]
- Kim Kardashian wore gym clothes to the gym. [E!]
- Kim and Kanye's wedding plans are "not on hold." In case you were worried. [E!]
- Dakota Johnson carried a bunch of stuff around. [E!]
- Connie Britton says she's teaching her 3-year-old son how to treat women. [People]
- ok later
Images via Getty.