In a sad situation that only continues to get sadder, Susan Schneider Williams—wife of the late Robin Williams—is challenging the comedian's children and the division of his estate by filing a petition that would allow her to keep certain personal effects that were seemingly left to Williams' kids.
Schneider Williams is requesting clarification on "ambiguous trust provisions" regarding items kept in the Tiburon house that she shared with her husband. According to her lawyers, Williams' adult children—Zack, Zelda and Cody—are to share the contents of the family's Napa Valley estate, but leave many of the Tiburon house items to her.
Via the New York Daily News:
Any other interpretation would lead to her home "being stripped" while she still lives there, she claimed.
"It is difficult to imagine Mr. Williams desiring" an outcome where his kids lay claim to the tuxedo he wore to his 2011 wedding, the filing obtained by the Daily News said.
Williams' children counter that Schneider Williams has been blocking their access to "to family photos and 'precious' collections of Japanese anime figurines, watches, bicycles, books, coins and other effects that Williams carefully amassed over his lifetime and bequeathed to his kids as his memorabilia and jewelry."
"The Williams children are heartbroken that petitioner, Mr. Williams' wife of less than three years, has acted against his wishes by challenging the plans he so carefully made for his estate," lawyers for the kids' estate said in a response filed Jan. 21.
"For their part, the Williams children have sought to resolve any potential disputes and conclude the trust administration process as quickly and efficiently as possible, to allow them to privately grieve the loss of their father and begin to heal from this tragic event," their filing said.
The hearing is set for Spring.
New parents Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds aren't getting any shut-eye, claims credible source Ryan Reynolds. "You are operating on a week's worth of sleep amortized over six months. You don't get a lot of sleep, Reynolds told reporters. "..."I had to go to Sundance this last week. I was more excited to get a good night's sleep. It was borderline pornographic for me.
Does this Instagram photo prove that Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill are a couple? The internet thinks so. (And I agree.)
- Today in They're Married?!: Giovanni Ribisi and Agyness Deyn are getting divorced. [TMZ]
- Katy Perry got a tattoo commemorating her Super Bowl performance and hung out with your most embarrassing college hook-up, John Mayer. [POPSUGAR]
- She had good reason to celebrate, though: Perry's halftime show was the most watched in Super Bowl history. [Billboard]
- The Great Kardashian Ass War of 2014 has carried over into the new year. [The Superficial]
- Justin Theroux and Orlando Bloom rode around on motorcycles like a pretty boy Sons of Anarchy. [E!]
- According to family, Val Kilmer's being all "It's not a toomah!" because his Christian Scientist faith has convinced him that he doesn't need throat surgery. [NYDN]
- If Shanna Moakler is getting her Travis Barker tattoos removed, then so am I! [TMZ]
- Diddy has banned his sons from appearing on Empire. [Page Six]
- Strangely, no one wants anything to do with Heidi Montag's dad William now that he's been charged with incest and child molestation. [Radar]
- Emma Thompson was a literal court jester. [People]
Photos via AP, Instagram.