Reese Witherspoon has heard what you've been saying about Renee Zellweger and wants you to know that she thinks you're a dick.
At the annual Hollywood Reporter
white ladies actress round table, THR brought up the recent kerfuffle surrounding Zellweger's "peaceful" new appearance and Witherspoon immediately jumped to her defense:
It's horrible. It's cruel and rude and disrespectful, and I can go on and on and on. It bothers me immensely.
I know this is so Pollyanna of me, but why — and it's particularly women — why do they have to tear women down? And why do we have to tear other women down to build another woman up? It drives me crazy. Like, this one looks great without her makeup but that one doesn't look good without her makeup, and it's all just a judgment and assault that I don't — look, men are prey to it as well. I just don't think it's with the same sort of ferocity.
Nothing "Pollyanna" about defending your friends and pointing out the level to which women get ridiculed for their appearance.
And now, a bonus round table moment courtesy of Patricia Arquette:
ARQUETTE I had a big fight with one [paparazzo].
[AMY] ADAMS I wish I had been there to have your back.
ARQUETTE He kept following us. And I said, "OK, leave us the fuck alone." And he goes, "Nice, mom! Good job!" I said, "I'm teaching my daughter. If a man is following you and you tell him to go away and he doesn't, you turn around and say, 'F— you!' as loud as you can." Because there's no difference. I don't care if he has a camera.
Actresses: Doing it for themselves!
Ryan Gosling has heard your horny demands for him to be People's Sexiest Man Alive, but is simply not interested. According to The Wrap, Gosling has been offer the title on multiple occasions, but keeps turning it down. Jokes on you, Gosling! Your humility and/or aloofness only makes you hotter. [The Wrap]
Taryn Manning—Pennsatucky on Orange Is the New Black—was maybe arrested for texting death threats to a former friend with whom she shares a mutual restraining order. Manning's lawyers deny the arrest, but TMZ claims to have confirmed it with the NYPD. Life imitates art, I guess. [Dlisted]
- After exchanging insults on Twitter, Lorde and Diplo are once again at peace and all is right in the world. [Billboard]
- Harry Styles and Taylor Swift are never (ever ever) getting back together. [Gossip Cop]
- Kim Kardashian tried to recreate Solange's wedding party photo with a bunch of mannequins and it's just about the dumbest thing you'll ever see. [Bossip]
- Speaking of Solange, Beyoncé instagrammed the sweetest picture of Blue Ivy at the nuptials. [Billboard]
- Lady Gaga got another fan tribute tattoo and, like the last one, it's ugly AF. [Dlisted]
- FYI: Nick Jonas is no longer a virgin, is very proud of himself. [ONTD]
- Keira Knightley thinks the state of gender equality is fucking bullshit. [Just Jared]
- Rihanna wants to be on Scandal and all of your dreams are coming true! [MTV]
- Motown legend Jimmy Ruffin has passed away at the age of 78. [CNN]
Photos via AP/Getty.