Out of the two male Famouses recently undergoing very public divorces, I have enjoyed the sheer ridiculousness of Brad Pitt’s artistic aspirations but I relate the most to Ben Affleck, who is “working on himself” in the wake of his divorce.
It’s not like Brad isn’t working on himself — the sculpting and the quitting weed and the GQ profile that presented all of that information to us in one neat package is certainly indication that he is. It’s just that Ben is doing it quietly. He moved out of the guest house and into a house of his own; he sees his kids and stops by for breakfast. And he’s spending time with his ex Jennifer Garner, working on their relationship, raising their kids and doing whatever else he needs to do without much fuss. Per People:
“These two consistently work on their relationship,” says a source who knows the couple. “While addiction can take a toll on a family, Jen was a true constant and — along with his friends — really helped encourage to seek extra support.”
“Ben is focusing on family and working on himself.”
Why do I care so much about how Ben Affleck is handling his divorce? Honestly, no clue. But it’s always just nice to hear about famous people handling tough, real life shit in a way that sounds normal.
Hmm, okay. Lionel Richie, a man who looks like he takes little to no shit from his children, apparently “tracks” his daughter Sofia’s phone “once a day.”
According to Us Weekly, Sofia tweeted this after a photo taken of her in Cannes showed her FaceTiming with her dad, which came after she was spotted cavorting on a yacht with Scott Disick, a man seemingly intent on self-destruction—enough reason for a concerned father to “track” theird daughter’s phone, I suppose.
I understand cell phones, but I do not understand what she means by “track.” Does he...what does he do? Anyone? Thoughts?
- Taylor Swift won part of her case against that DJ that allegedly grabbed her butt, but it’s still going to trial. [TMZ]
- Christine Taylor and Ben Stiller might have broken up because of his very busy acting career?? [People]
- If you believe Venus Williams, her sister Serena is having a girl. [Page Six]
- Kendall Jenner and Adidas made a deal. Good for Kendall Jenner. [Us Weekly]
- More news for a very specific audience: can someone PLEASE explain to me why Vanessa Freaking Hudgens is a JUDGE on So You Think You Can Dance?!?!? [Page Six]