“I mean, really, what is this dinner? And why am I required to come to it? Jeb Bush, do you really want to do this?” These aren’t words you’d expect President Obama to say during his remarks at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner. So Obama brought his anger translator, Luther, to say them for him. Because you know what? Obama keeps it real.
Many of us have been dying to see the president actually appear on an episode of Key&Peele for a sketch involving Keegan-Michael Key and a whole lotta anger, and the president finally delivered (on something...am I right or am I right?). He brought out Luther to let the press know exactly what he thought of them. And Luther went hard.
There’s only one way to introduce this video and it’s by saying “hold on to your lily-white butts.”
If you don’t have the time to watch the video below or are in a place where loud noises will not be tolerated (I get it, Sunday morning), here’s a transcript of the speech, which is pretty awesome even before Luther gets there.
And here’s how Obama must have felt after he nailed this fucking thing:
- Kim Richards has entered rehab following a very-publicized arrest in which the troubled Real Housewife kicked a cop while drunk. People reports that sources close to Richards say that she would have never admitted herself into a program if it weren’t for this latest incidence of public intoxication. “If the arrest hadn’t happened she wouldn’t be going to rehab; it would be business as usual. She’s in denial that she has a problem,” the source told People. [People]
- Jennifer Aniston saw a play, ate food. [Just Jared]
- Lea Michele went on and on about her cat, if you’re into that sort of thing. [People]
- Something is going on with Tidal, but I don’t understand it even after my partner took me to an audio store where a salesperson explained the streaming service to me in tedious detail — we were there to buy a speaker, my partner doesn’t just punish me by taking me to lectures about Tidal — while I tested how fast I could spin on one of the store’s special listening chairs, even though I am allegedly an adult. Now I just associate Tidal with a feeling of regrettable nausea, which doesn’t sound too far off what everyone is feeling, too. [Page Six]
- Something about Tyga and Blac Chyna. [TMZ]
- TMZ is tracking down every last person Bruce Jenner has ever spoken to and interviewing them about Jenner’s transition. This time it’s Deborah Driggs — Miss March 1990 — who says that Jenner doesn’t “know his own power” and is “saving lives.” This is probably the first positive thing I have ever read on TMZ, so perhaps someone should check on Harvey Levin to make sure no one’s murdered him in order to usurp his power (and control of the TMZ tour). [TMZ]
- E! reports that Macklemore is very happy to almost be a daddy. This is the slowest Sunday for celebrity news the world has seen in a great, great while. [E!]
- Here’s everyone who won at the Radio Disney awards. I can tell you who didn’t win: The gentleman who accosted me on Melrose last night wearing a blazer/no shirt combo and claiming that Radio Disney had stolen his clothes. He was very drunk and tried to get into the car I was in because he was “from Houston” and “mama told me not to leave the house without money.” Congratulations to Ariana Grande and Jennifer Lopez, though! [E!]
It’s Sunday, so here’s a vivid re-imagining of The Black Eyed Peas’ “My Humps” performed by shoe-loving tweens trapped in a never-ending nightmare of fulfilling their parents’ dreams.
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.