Recent news of Katy Perry registering a song titled “1984” that caused speculation of it being the next move in her rumored ongoing feud with Taylor Swift is apparently untrue. Though the track’s listing on BMI still shows Perry as the artist, her managers have confirmed that she has no involvement with the song. A producer named Andreas Carlsson who once worked with Perry actually registered the tune last September.
When word first got out about the track, it appeared to be some sort of delicious diss referencing Taylor Swift’s album 1989. Looks like the ball is still in Katy Perry’s court in this weird feud that supposedly started from, of all things, backup dancer theft. Why not have a Britney Spears/Justin Timberlake-esque dance-off to end this drama once and for all?
Chris Brown recently paid a visit to On Air With Ryan Seacrest where he talked about fatherhood and his feelings towards his ex-girlfriend Karrueche Tran. The relationship between Brown and Tran ended when it was revealed that Brown fathered a baby with model Nia Guzman. “I’m going to be honest and be a man about it and just take it one day at a time,” Brown told Seacrest. “I take full responsibility for my actions and things that I’ve done in the past. I feel like it’s just a time thing.” In regards to Tran, Brown said, “Of course I still love her, but mentally right now, I think everything takes time. I just need to focus on being the best father I can be.”
Laverne Cox will be the first transgender person to have a Madame Tussauds wax figure made in her likeness. The Orange Is the New Black star’s twin will debut during Pride Weekend at the museum’s San Francisco location June 26. “I am so deeply honored to have been asked to be part of the Madame Tussauds legacy,” said Cox in a statement on the museum’s website. “When I think about being who I am, a black trans woman from a working class background raised in Mobile, Alabama, this honor feels even more improbable and extraordinary. It is my hope that this will be a source of inspiration for everyone who encounters it to believe that their dreams matter and are possible.”
- Danny Trejo was in a car accident but he is OK. [TMZ]
- Feminist Ryan Gosling is feminist Ryan Gosling, names Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Broad City, Lena Dunham and Kathryn Bigelow as some of the women he admires. [ET Online]
- Khloe Kardashian denies liposuction rumors, reminds us she is a gym bunny. [Us Weekly]
- Teresa Giudice had to give up her Maserati to the feds. [Reality Tea]
- Amber Heard: still an independent woman after marrying Johnny Depp, because why wouldn’t she be? [Us Weekly]
- Eminem helped Ed Sheeran get over his stuttering. [E Online]
- The Game was arrested for punching an off-duty cop, gets released, goes home and immediately posts a sexy picture to his Instagram. What a world we live in. [E Online]
- NBC might be giving Brian Williams the boot pretty soon. [Page Six]
- Modern philosopher Jaden Smith has been cast in Baz Luhrmann’s upcoming Netflix show. [Deadline]
- Justin Theroux and Jennifer Aniston share bodily fluids AND toothbrushes. [People]
- Scott Wolf is down for a Party of Five reunion. The question is, are we? [E Online]
Images via Getty.
Contact the author at email@example.com.