On Tuesday, he posted a series of three images, his first since deleting his official @kanyewest account in February. The first post is a photograph of a lush, green hillside with a few rows of buildings standing towards the base. The second is a drawing of those buildings and that hill, presumably by West, clarifying they are “buildings inside the hills in Columbia [presumably sic].” The third is a sketch of a man named Matt George. “Meeting with Matt George,” a line of handwriting under the image reads.
That’s it. No other context. No explanation. Naturally, we have questions, for examp…
- Why is Kanye back on Instagram?
- Why did Kanye leave Instagram?
- Why did Kanye start using Instagram in the first place?
- Why does any successful rich person use Instagram for non-purely promotional purposes?
- Do they know they don’t have to?
- Can’t they just text?
- Don’t they have finstas?
- Or like………really good drugs we don’t know about??
- Why is Kanye in Colombia?
- What’s Kanye doing with Matt George, whom The FADER identifies as “Canadian designer and YEEZY consultant Matt George”?
- Are they working on something?
- Is this business or pleasure?
- Is it both?
- Is it neither?
- Are we sure that that’s “Canadian designer and YEEZY consultant Matt George”? He kinda looks like this actor-turned-writer Matt George I found on IMDB. He played Grimlock #1 on a 1999 episode of Charmed. It could be him. You never know.
- Or do you?