John Legend, apparently determined to take 10 years off my life, says Kanye West’s threats about running for president are “serious.”
According to Billboard, Legend told The Dan Wootton Interview podcast that buddy West has told him repeatedly about his presidential aspirations, and that there’s a good chance he’ll actually make a run as an independent. “I think he’s serious,” Legend said. Wonderful.
This is a threat West’s been making since at least 2015, but it appears recent unexpected successes have inspired him further, for we as a country traffic in the fourth circle of Hell. “I think he sees some aspects of himself in Trump and sees that Trump winning makes it feel like he could do it too,” Legend said. Ha. Hahaha. Hahahahaha. Ha.
It’s unclear what a White House would look like under President West, and though it seems funny to speculate about how Kim Kardashian West might decorate the Oval Office, I made these jokes about the Trumps three years ago, and I swear I have since learned my lesson. At least West is smart enough to delete his tweets.
On Saturday, rapper Mac Miller’s mother, Karen Meyers, posted a lovely Instagram tribute to her son.
Miller died of an overdose on Friday. He was 26.
- Drake has reportedly made up with both Kanye West and Meek Mill, what a world. [TMZ] [Vulture]
- Denise Richards got married. [People]
- Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra bragged about being in love or whatever. [Billboard]
- Olivia Munn says 20th Century Fox ignored her when she expressed her concerns about working with a registered sex offender in the new Predator film. [Vulture]
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds are cute, I guess. [E! Online]