Let me get this out of the way: Elon Musk is the fucking worst. Not least of all because he single-handedly murdered my love of Grimes.
On Sunday (but not reported on by Consequence of Sound until Wednesday) Grimes responded to a comment from a person on Twitter who pointed out to her the hypocrisy of Musk signaling he cares about climate change with one hand and donating to a Republican PAC with the other. The musician replied:
“Every aerospace company has to donate to republicans in order to function. in fact most major companies across the board do, in some capacity. it’s the price of doing business in america.”
Last week, the Huffington Post reported that not only did Musk donate to the GOP, he actually gave 7 times as much money to Republican campaigns and politician committees as he did to Democratic ones this election cycle (since the start of 2017).
Jared Leto came kinda close to lighting himself on fire while making stovetop popcorn.
I feel…incredibly smug.
ICYMI (I did).
- It’s difficult for me to tell these two (apparently famous? sorry?) people apart! [E! News]
- There have been several updates on the developing Demi Lovato hospitalization story. [People / People]
- Never saw that one coming. [Us Weekly]
- Bella Thorne has found her protest. [Refinery29]
- Here’s a video that shows Britney Spears doesn’t know who Andy Cohen is. I love her. [Dlisted]