Gwyneth Paltrow attended an $80 prix fixe menu event at L.A. eatery Animal. I guess that means our Lady of Goopeloupe’s commitment to the Food Bank for New York Challenge was only symbolic?
Late last week, Paltrow tweeted that, at the nudging of Mario Batali, she was attempting to live on a meager food budget of $29 a week to raise awareness about spending cuts to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
I would say that Gwyneth—though typically clueless—had her heart in the right place here, but that becomes harder to argue when, less than a week later, she goes out for dinner at a restaurant that no one on SNAP could ever afford.
E! Online reports:
A source tells us Paltrow was there for the Austin Midnight Dinner, a promotional event for pal Jon Favreau’s film Chef. “It was a prefixed menu, and the tickets were $80,” the insider tells E! News. “Some of the items on the menu was various types of barbeque, potato salad and beans.”
[ E! Online]
“A source close to” Sofia Vergara is denying that she ever punched ex fiance Nick Loeb, claiming she “never got physical with Nick, it just didn’t happen. Did they fight? Yes, and a lot, which is why they broke up.” Loeb is currently suing Vergara to keep her from disposing of two embryos they created through IVF while still together and “Sofia wants the embryos destroyed, and is also ready to fight for her rights in court.” [Radar]
(Btw, are you a lawyer who has familiarity with bioethics and custody? If so, shoot me an email at email@example.com.)
Poor little Justin Bieber is having the worst Coachella experience ever. Just after being dragged (supposedly in a chokehold) from a Drake concert by security, the tiny rat ‘stached prince has thrown another tantrum, this time because 19-year-old Kendall Jenner was denied entry into Coachella’s 21+ Neon Carnival. As Just Jared nicely puts it, “Justin tried his best to get Kendall inside, but did not have much luck because the security would not budge. Afterwards, Justin, Kendall, and their large group of friends left.” [Just Jared]
- Just we all suspected, Judge Judy is great in bed. [US Weekly]
- Louis C.K. apologized to Sarah Palin for once calling her a ‘’fucking jackoff cuntface jazzy wondergirl” on Twitter. [E! Online]
- Here’s a brief clip of Anna Kendrick taunting John Krasinski with the help of One Direction. [Billboard]
- Gisele Bundchen walked her last runway. Victoria’s Secret will be taking back her legs tomorrow. [US Weekly]
- Someone at VH1 suggested that Rihanna and Drake are back together, doesn’t understand that Rihanna only hooks up with Drake when she’s bored. [ONTD]
- Rita Wilson is grateful for the outpouring of support in the wake of her breast cancer diagnosis. [People]
- Jesus Christ: Jill Duggar’s labor lasted 70 hours. Maybe God hates her? [OK!]
- Listen to Josh Groban and Kelly Clarkson sing Phantom of the Opera’s “All I Ask of You” or, as an alternative, fill your brain with syrup. [People]
- Dakota Johnson got a cute lil haircut. [ONTD]
- Kendall Jenner didn’t wear a shirt. [Page Six]
- Orlando Bloom also didn’t wear a shirt. [People]
- Popsugar continues to celebrate Charlie Hunnam’s lack of shirts. [POPSUGAR]
Photos via Getty.
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.