Emile Hirsch, star of such movies as The Girl Next Door and Into the Wild has been charged with third-degree assault after he allegedly choked Daniele Bernfeld, a paramount executive at Sundance. The reason for the attack? Hirsch just didn't like that Bernfeld was at the party and felt she didn't belong.
TMZ reports what happened when Hirsch got drunk and dangerous:
According to police, "Hirsch appeared intoxicated and asked [movie exec Daniele Bernfeld] why she looked 'so tough' and said she was a 'rich kid' who should not be at Sundance."
FYI — Bernfeld is an exec at Paramount.
Bernfeld told police ... she moved away from Hirsch to go sit with a friend at a table — and moments later, Hirsch came up from behind her and "put her in a chokehold."
Then, Bernfeld claims Hirsch "pulled her across the table and onto the floor" and landed on top of her.
While on top, he allegedly wrapped his hands around her neck and began to choke her. She said she felt as though "the front and back of her throat were touching and she remembers things going dark."
According to the report, Hirsch told police that he and Bernfeld had had a verbal disagreement. Verbal disagreements, however, usually don't involve one person being pulled off another or the victim being left with marks on her chest and neck area. Maybe he was just taking poetic license?
Hirsch is due to appear in court in March and faces up for five years in prison and possibly more time for a misdemeanor relating to his intoxication. [TMZ]
Pamela Anderson and Rick Salomon are divorcing. Again. TMZ has not yet discerned a reason for the split, so they ran a pretty fascinating history of the relationship's past. But really this was just a reason to post the following video, in which Bea Arthur reads erotica that Pamela Anderson has written. Enjoy! [TMZ]
- Madonna doesn't think the use of the word "bitch" in her song titles should be an issue. I'd say more, but I don't really feel like another evening of dealing with her stans on Twitter. This is where I draw my line in the sand. [Billboard]
- Has Anna Wintour ever looked this pissed in the history of ever??? [The Muse]
- Lady Gaga will perform at the Oscars. Maybe she'll go for understated/cool this time instead of avant-garde/high fashion? I learned all of those terms on Project Runway, where I've also learned that there is not one fucking craft Isaac Mizrahi has not gotten his greedy little marketing hands into. I can't fault his yarn, though. Shit's tight. [Billboard]
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and his wife (who shall forever remain nameless for breaking my hear in two by marrying the man I've had a crush on since he had that horrifying long hair and acne) (I STUCK THROUGH THAT WITH YOU, JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT! AM I OWED NOTHING?) took a stroll after eating brunch. Whatever, I'm done. [The Daily Mail]
- Actually, I'm not done. I don't know when this picture of JGL was taken, but doesn't he look adorable here? Tell me he doesn't! I will fight you! [Imgur] (Seriously, it's a quality picture. Did you click?)
- What happened to Lainey Gossip???? [LaineyGossip]
- North West wore a fur coat, looked supremely unhappy in it. [Hollywood Life]
- Rosie O'Donnell has left the view, threatens to return. [E!]
- Bruce Jenner is still dialing and driving. [Celebitchy]
- Amanda Knox is engaged. Let's hope it's to this guy who once asked Caity Weaver for advice on how to hit on Amanda Knox. [E!]
Good evening! Have you met former Miss Mississippi and future contender for "best rap album of the year" at the Grammys?