Welcome to the Saturday of our discontent. It’s been a week since the love between ‘90s teen icon Gwen Stefani and the human embodiment of a bottle of AXE body spray on fire (that would be Blake Shelton) has been thrust into our unwilling faces and we’re reaching peak saturation. That means it’s time for exes to weigh in, and Gavin Rossdale has entered the ring! According to TMZ, he’s not buying what The Voice’s newest power couples is selling.
TMZ just reported that Rossdale, who’s allegedly really mad at Stefani, doesn’t believe that his ex just started seeing Shelton. In fact, Rossdale reportedly believes that Stefani’s trying to make him out to be the bad guy when in reality she’s the controlling monster who never let him do anything. Why? Because of money, of course.
We’re told Gavin believes Gwen was painting him as a bad guy for cover ... he thinks she was worried he’d take her to the cleaners if he found out she had already hooked up with Blake.
And because celebrity feuds are everyone’s business this holiday season, here’s what sources told TMZ about Gwen and Gavin’s relationship:
And our sources say Gavin’s gripes go beyond Blake. He can’t believe she’s calling him a control freak, because she demanded he NOT go on tour out of paranoia he’d cheat on her. He says she browbeat him into staying home, which greatly impeded his ability to make money. As one source said, “She just didn’t let him work.”
And finally, we’re told he’s indignant she recorded a “woe is me” song, “Used to Love You,” in which she cries, “Nobody taught you how to love.” We’re told Gavin’s scoffing at the lyrics, saying he was good enough for her for a long time.
This is Rossdale right now:
Rossdale also doesn’t believe that Shelton’s marriage to Miranda Lambert ending right before he started dating Gwen is coincidental. Really feeling for the guy, but we still haven’t heard from the one person to whom this would matter most: Ariel Schrag. The artist once centered an entire graphic novel about how much Stefani meant to her as a teenager (it’s really good) and I bet she. is. devastated. by this. Just like I was when Brad and Jen broke up. I still get teary when that question comes up in Trivial Pursuit. [TMZ]
This is all of us right now:
According to Us Weekly, this is Farrah Abraham’s most shocking look yet.
What’s the shocking part, though? The lack of makeup or that anyone would allow themselves to be photographed in this shade of purple when it’s obviously not their color? Also, I once took a picture with Farrah surrounded by plastic recreations of her vagina. While she beat me over the head with her blowup doll. Pardon me if I consider this a little tame. [Us]
Tim Gunn on Kanye and The Kardashians (which would make a really good band name):
“I think [Kanye’s new fashion line is] a bunch of dumb clothes. Just basic pieces… He won’t [like that comment], but let me tell you, the whole Kardashian clan doesn’t like me, so no surprise there,” he said.
Oh shit, there’s more:
“There are large issues [with the Kardashians] for me, such as why? Why! But when it comes to fashion I say to people all the time, if you want guidance in fashion, just consider this: if a Kardashian is wearing it, don’t… I think it’s vulgar… Given the amount of public exposure that the Kardashians have to potentially be sending the message to people that you too can dress like this, no!”
- Katharine McPhee is still out there...doing something. The woman behind the brilliant pop anthem “Open Toes” (never forget) posed for a photo with Kate Walsh, who is also out there doing something. I’d like to take this time to point out that I really, really wish Private Practice had been a good show, because it really, really wasn’t. [Just Jared]
- Jessa Duggar shared a picture of her new baby exclusively with People. Probably for money. #Blessed [People]
- Happy birthday to Stan’s dad, who turns 19 today. I offer a hearty “ya ya ya, I am Lorde” in celebration. [Famous Birthdays]
- Seth Rogen tweeted at my friend Jenn and she won’t stop texting me about it because “What is my life? What is my life?” And because it’s a slow celebrity news day (Just lots of blurry pictures from Kris Jenner’s birthday party this morning...), I’m passing the savings on to you. [Twitter]
- Taylor Hanson thinks Taylor Swift is pretty cool. [HuffPo]
- Gabourey Sidibe could not give less of a shit if you don’t like her sex scene on Empire. That’s because while you’re busy being a mean girl in high school, she’s busy working on living her best life. [Cosmo]
- Alex McCord might be having a stroke on social media. Could someone decipher this, please? [Twitter]
- Janet Jackson seems chill. [Page Six]
- Nancy Grace is getting a cooking show. On the menu? Justice and a lot of uncomfortable yelling. [Page Six]
- Wanna see Aaron Carter’s butt? [InTouch]
- Here is an entire catalog of Ashley Parker Angel’s naked selfies. I don’t know, either. I just accidentally went down a rabbit hole and had to share it with you because otherwise I’d loathe myself even more than I normally do. [JustJared]
The weekend is here! I am in Florida where I have already actively been inconvenienced by a manhunt. Here’s the best video on the internet:
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lead image via Getty