Us Weekly reported on Thursday that, based on court documents they obtained (filed on December 10), Brown has been charged with two misdemeanor counts of possession of a restricted species without a permit for retaining his pet capuchin monkey, Fiji.
The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has reportedly launched an investigation into the matter. The documents indicate that the monkey is suspected to have lived in Brown’s Los Angeles home between October 2017 and January 2018.
TMZ reports that if convicted Brown would face a maximum sentence of six months in jail. Brown’s court date is February 6.
Award-winning journalist Jemele Hill, who left ESPN after tweeting that Donald Trump is a white supremacist (duh), is engaged!
Hm. Yes. Mood. Indeed.
- T-Pain paid for $1.4 million of his brother’s medical bills. Need I say the system is broken? [Page Six]
- Forest Whitaker and Keisha Nash Whitaker are ending their marriage, which lasted for more than 20 years. [TMZ]
- The reviews are in: Birdbox is difficult to explain to others. [People]
- No amount of fawning will convince me that Timothée Chalamet and Lily-Rose Depp are an iconic fashion couple. They are beautiful, yes. [The Cut]
- North West wore red lipstick. [Cosmopolitan]