For the first time since leaving One Direction, ZAYN MALIK SPEAKS.
"I feel like I've let the fans down but I can't do this anymore," he told The Sun. "It's not that I've turned my back on them or anything, it's just that I just can't do that anymore because it's not the real me."
"I did try to do something that I wasn't happy doing for a while, for the sake of other people's happiness. It is crazy and wild and a bit mad," he said, "But at the same time I've never felt more in control in my life. And I feel like I'm doing what's right – right by myself and right by the boys, so I feel good."
But the band, Zayn! THE BAAAAAAND!
"My band has been really supportive. They've been cool about it and they understand that, you know, it's not real to me anymore."
While Zayn is out being tru 2 himself, some are claiming that he didn't quit 1D, but was actually fired.
Multiple insiders claim that management gave him an ultimatum — get sober or quit — and he refused!
"Zayn's alcohol and drug use became a huge problem," a source connected to the upper management for the band reveals...
..."He chose not to get clean and that is when they parted ways," the insider says, referring to the band that also consists of Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan and Liam Payne. "They gave him every opportunity to clean up his act, but he just couldn't do it."
After Indiana Governor Mike Pence signed a law giving businesses the right to refuse service to gay people, Miley Cyrus took to Instagram to call it like she sees it.
"You're an asshole @govpenceIN ✌️-1 cc: the only place that has more idiots than Instagram is politics," she wrote. "@braisoncwukong thank you for standing up for what is right! We need more strong heterosexual men fighting for equality in both men and women! Why are the macho afraid to love muchoooo?!?"
Hard to understand all of that, but I think I agree with her. [Mediate]
In a story where nothing isn't horrible: Dr. Luke is barreling ahead with his defense against Kesha's sexual abuse and battery lawsuit—which Kesha has asked the court to drop—and is requesting that the singer be forced to hand over any medical records that suggest she was abused by him.
According to TMZ, "Kesha's ex-producer wants her to turn over all texts, emails, and any communications in which she may have accused him of abuse, drugging or date raping her on a private jet."
Kesha is asking courts to deny his request. [TMZ]
- In better news, Jon Hamm is feeling great after his brief stint in rehab. [Page Six]
- While most of us became feminists through experience, upbringing or a well-timed women's studies course, Vanessa Hudgens got to do it the fun way: through Beyoncé. [E! Online]
- A radio station organized a wedding for a bride and groom who couldn't afford to get married and, to top it all off, got Ed Sheeran to play it. [ONTD]
- If that story moves you sexually, Ed Sheeran is now single. [E! Online]
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart: Doin' It. [TMZ]
- Glee's Mark Salling sounds like a real prince. [E! Online]
- Apparently there are people who really want to see Coach come back? [Just Jared]
- This cute: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner took their daughter Violet to Washington, D.C. [US Weekly]
- The possibility of Nicole Kidman and Julia Roberts feuding on set is EVERYTHING. [National Enquirer]
- Jamie Dornan and Fifty Shades of Grey director Sam Taylor-Johnson are still cool after Taylor-Johnson quit the franchise. [POPSUGAR]
- Moving onto a movie that actually has dick in it, John Cena uses a stunt penis in Amy Schumer's Trainwreck. OH, WELL. [US Weekly]
- V. Stiviano says Donald Sterling is her soulmate and I for one believe her. [NYDN]
- Bring in the weekend by watching Harry Shum Jr. dance on a treadmill. *heart eyes emoji* [POPSUGAR]
Images via AP
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.