A Maryland woman got one helluva bonus item in her meal when she took her 6-year-old daughter and 8-year-old son to Sonic. After giving her kids their food, Carla McFarland found a small baggie of marijuana in her french fries. While many of us would have taken the circumstance as proof that their really is a god, McFarland was understandably disconcerted. Via Frederick News Post:
"I just kind of sat there in my car in shock," McFarland said Thursday. "I kept thinking, what if my kids had eaten it?"
McFarland contacted Sonic's management and called police. McFarland said a manager also called police and told her that an employee took responsibility for the bag, saying that it must have slipped from her apron. The manager told her the employee had been fired.
Well kids, remember: don't bring your weed to work. And if you do, you really REALLY shouldn't put it in your apron. The Sonic remade her meal when she informed them of what happened. Apparently, the weed mishap came at a rough time for the family:
Her husband has been in Georgetown University Hospital after surgery in May, and the family now faces eviction from its condo. The family has fallen behind on rent, with McFarland unable to work with two children.
A non-profit has stepped in to provide assistance for them.
Of course if I were a mother I would be pretty pissed to find a bag of weed in my family's food for sanitation reasons and also for the reason that there are drugs on my fries that my children could have easily been exposed to. As McFarland pointed out, "It could have been crack. It could have been cocaine in that little baggie." But because I am a reckless 20-something, "bag of weed in french fries" is basically the most poetic six-word story in the world.
Image via Shutterstock.