Wiz Khalifa was arrested last night at the Los Angeles airport for refusing to get off of his hoverboard. Yes, a hoverboard, just like Marty McFly. But Khalifa’s decision to ride his hoverboard through the airport wasn’t for entertainment, it was a principled stand and a deep commitment to emerging technologies.
“I stand for our generation and our generation is gonna be riding hover boards so if you don’t like it eat a dick!,” he wrote on Twitter.
He also shared a photo of his arrest and a defense of the “technology everyone will be using in the next six months.” And jokes aside, the arrest looks a bit rough for the offense. TMZ reports that the police claim Khalifa was resisting.
According to NYDN, Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift have major “beef” and it’s going to make the VMAs very uncomfortable. The imaginary fight stems from Cyrus’ interview with Marie Claire and differences of opinion over music streaming:
“Cyrus found herself pitted against Swift in a mean tweet sent from an account called @FemaleTexts — which was then gleefully retweeted by former One Direction member Zayn Malik. The missive contrasted quotes from Cyrus, who’s cool with streaming, with statements from Swift, who has raised a ruckus over the music delivery system for its paltry pay to artists.”
Anyway, dirty looks and subtweeting might occur. Or nothing at all will happen. [NYDN]
- Like most families, the Kardashians enjoy an occasional “who wore it better?” contest. [Us Weekly]
- Supernatural’s Misha Collins was beaten and robbed in Minnesota. [E!]
- Heidi Montag is still thirsty. [Huffington Post]
- A bunch of people think Cheryl Hines is “crazy” for marrying Robert Kennedy, Jr. [Page Six]
- Brian Austin Green is still wearing his wedding ring. [Us Weekly]
Images via Getty.