Polls were real bad today, apparently.
- Polls were bad because broken scanners. [Twitter]
- Polls were bad because didn’t set up voting machines. [Raw Story]
- Polls were bad because racism, racist poll workers. [The Houston Chronicle]
- Polls were bad because racism, racist poll placements. [Twitter]
- Polls were bad because racism, not providing enough voting machines in predominantly Black neighborhoods. [The New Yorker]
- Polls were bad because man threatened to shoot poll workers. [NBC 24 WNWO]
- In conclusion, polls were bad! In other news, Guam elected its first female governor, Lou Leon Guerrero. [KUAM News]
- Los Angeles County’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority gave riders free bus rides today on account of the election. [Twitter]
- On Nov. 14, Brazil’s Supreme Court will decide if Congress must approve a law to protect LGBTQ Brazilians from discrimination. The court will also decide whether existing nondiscrimination law will cover sexual orientation and gender identity. This comes less than two weeks after a presidential election that saw far-right candidate Jair Bolsonaro emerge victorious. [All Out]
- Stassa dropped this link about “Ted Cruz Erotica” in Jezebel’s Slack. Stassa is dead to me! [The Paris Review]
- 48 percent of midterm voters opposed Supreme Court justice Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation, according to network exit polls, while 43 percent supported it. [Twitter]
- I will protect her with my life! [MSNBC]
This has been Barf Bag.