Judge Judy Sheindlin appeared on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on Thursday evening to celebrate the 20th anniversary of her show, and man, was she a vision in creamsicle orange.
While there, she granted the audience several pieces of Judyism that we should all keep in our pockets at all times:
- What’s on your tongue is on your lung (or maybe, what’s on your lung is on your tongue). “That means that if you... tell the truth you don’t have to have a good memory.”
- Peeing on a jellyfish sting really works.
- She would never consider being Trump’s running mate: “I know the family court and I know my little television court room and I’m too old and I don’t like to work so hard.”
- Cameras should be in the Supreme Court. “The American public pays a whole lot of money for a justice system, and I don’t see any reason why they shouldn’t get to see every way that it functions. And if it doesn’t function well then you have to change it.”
- She can always tell when people are lying because there’s always a visual tell (their chests turn red, they get a sweaty upper lip).
Watch the clips above for irreplaceable wisdom from one our time’s preeminent jurists.
Image via CBS.