And so the Knowles-Carter Consortium continues its reign over our newsfeeds and lives. The pair dropped a promo for their upcoming On the Run tour in the form of a film trailer entitled RUN, directed by Melina Matsoukas, who has done a whole lot of Beyoncé's music videos.
It looks like RUN is all sorts of predictable pandemonium. The two are clearly going for a Bonnie and Clyde premise, with lots of couture, lots of bandz, and lots of gunz. Oh, and just in case the audience realizes that this trailer starts to feel reminiscent of a college Intro to Film mid-term project but with a shiny Hollywood budget, Bey and Jay brought some friends on board including Sean Penn, Jake Gyllenhaal, Don Cheadle, Blake Lively, Emmy Rossum, Guillermo Diaz (Scandal's Huck), and Rashida and Kidada Jones to keep things real.
I for one am not really a fan of the 'I'm sexy 'cause guns and money and neon lights' aesthetic that this trailer is soaked in, but I am a fan of the softness of Jay Z's acting voice—I did not see that one coming. Still, this whole Bonnie & Clyde act as well as the image of Beyoncé's (character's) bruised face, is bound to inspire even more speculation into Bey and Jay's relationship. [Uproxx]
Courteney Cox, who is about to make her directorial debut, wants more women to direct movies:
"I don't know why there's a lack [of female directors].
"There's a lack of a lot of things that women have not had the opportunity to do, but times are really changing. I think in the way we raise our children now, they're raised with such confidence and drive and so different, so hopefully that will change."
"I hope there are more women directors. If women want to direct, they should be out doing it because it sure is fulfilling."
Thanks Courteney. [Digital Spy]
Deryck Whibley, lead singer of Sum 41 (who is probably and sadly better known as Avril Lavigne's ex-husband) ended up in the ICU after years and years of heavy drinking. In a post on his blog, he wrote, "my liver and kidney's collapsed on me. needless to say it scared me straight. i finally realized i can't drink anymore. if i have one drink the doc's say i will die. i'm not preaching or anything but just always drink responsibly." Good luck Deryck. You will forever hold the title of First Blonde Dude With Wrist Sweatbands I Ever Had a Crush On And Maybe the Last. [People]
- Johnny Depp and Amber Heard went into a bookstore in Boston because I guess celebrities read now, and NOBODY BOTHERED TO TELL ME. [People]
- Chris Brown is making music in jail with his cell neighbor James DeBarge of DeBarge fame. [Perez Hilton]
- Justin Bieber and his upper lip fuzz look pretty excited to meet Adrian Grenier. [Just Jared]
- Kendra Wilkinson gave birth to a baby girl. [USMagazine]
- Prince Harry charmed the pants off Estonia. [Just Jared]
- Here are Paul Walker's younger brothers on the Fast & Furious 7 set. It's so weird that if you put them together, you'd definitely get Paul Walker. [Just Jared]
- Here's some speculation as to who made the guest list for the Kimye wedding and more hilarious speculation as to who didn't, including Demi Lovato and Lindsay Lohan. Other people who didn't make the cut: Aung San Suu Kyi, Zack Morris, Robin S, Chun-Li from Street Fighter, and River Phoenix (who are all invited to my wedding.)
- Amy Poehler gave her first class seat to a mom because DUH it's Amy Poehler. [Celebitchy]
- Tara the hero cat temporarily had a line of thong underwear. God bless America. Apparently a family friend opened a webstore, but when Tara's owners found out they were selling a thong with a paw print, they shut the operation down, adamant that they didn't want to make money off of Tara's act unless it was for charity. [TMZ]