Once Upton a time (last year), a Victoria's Secret model booker said the brand would never deign to hire Kate Upton because her look was "too obvious." For a store that sells boyshorts for 14-year-olds with "I Get Around" written in glitter on the ass, mind you. "We would never use Kate... She’s like a footballer’s wife, with the too-blond hair and that kind of face that anyone with enough money can go out and buy." Of course, this was before Upton appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated twice as well as this month's Vogue. NBD.
So it's understandable that Upton would be furious about VS using photos of her from 2011 in their new catalogue — quickly hitting the Internet along with rumors that Upton could be the next Angel. A source on Team Upton clarifies: “Kate’s not currently contracted to work with Victoria’s Secret, and they didn’t contact her before they used these images.” Fucked up. [Page Six]
Model Chrissy Teigen took to Twitter — Amanda Bynes' stomping ground — to voice her disapproval of the current state of Bynes' affairs. “The fact that Amanda Bynes has any ‘support’ to retweet is really unsettling. Support people with mental illness, yes. But don’t condone/enable scary and poor behavior.”
Naturally, Bynes did not take to this, responding:
@chrissyteigen Ur not a pretty model compared to me. I signed to Ford models @ age 13. I don’t look up to u beauty wise. I’m far prettier than u! I’m offended that you’re saying I have a mental illness when I show no sign of it, but thankfully not one man that wants me wants you and you are an old ugly model compared to me! You look 45! You’re not pretty so I’m not intimidated by you! I think you’re jealous that you’re just an ugly model whos career is uninspiring! I don’t respect you! You’re no beauty queen! I’m a beauty queen!
Apple MacBook Air Laptop
The M1 chip delivers 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation all while using way less power. Get up to 18 hours of battery life.
Bynes' parents are currently seeking a conservatorship for Amanda, who refuses to let them intervene at all — in fact, she says she's currently suing them for money laundering.
Says a source close to the Bynes family, “Amanda has heard voices for years, and was concerned she was being spied on via smoke alarms, and clocks in her home. She would cover electronic items because Amanda believed that was the only way she wouldn’t be spied on. It’s extremely sad situation because Amanda just refuses to get help.” [E!, Radar Online]
Britney Spears will maybe, maybe, maybe, hopefully, be the rare person who Amanda allows to help her. [The Superficial]
And here's former child star Mara Wilson (Matilda) on why child stars go crazy. [Cracked]
Hailee Steinfeld and Jessica Szohr hung out at Taylor Swift's $17 million Rhode Island house for Memorial Day Weekend, where they probs ate millet burgers, drank lavender lemonade, watched "Now and Then" and leaned their heads on each others' shoulders as they watched the fireworks from one big Pendleton blanket. (For part of the time, Lena Dunham and Jack Antonoff were also present.) [Us Weekly]
Destiny's Child reunion! Okay, so they're calling it "Kelly Rowland ft. Beyoncé and Michelle Williams," but come on. The three collaborate on Rowland's "You've Changed," from her new album Talk a Good Game. [Billboard]
- John Mayer and Katy Perry flirted at her Memorial Day party and might (ever ever ever?) get back together. [Us Weekly]
- Katy Perry and Robert Pattinson watched a wedding from a few paces away, the creeps. [People]
- Adam Levine is dating yet another model but they're totes casual. [People]
- That was fast. Anne Hathaway's a brunette once again. [People]
- LeAnn Rimes is still talking about her affair with current husband Eddie Cibrian and how bad it made her feel. :| [Us Weekly]
- America's Next Top Model winner Lisa D'Amato is pregnant. [E!]
- Nina Dobrev got misty-eyed when she reunited with her ex Ian Somerhalder at the CW Upfronts. [Us Weekly]
- Okay, I don't really know how this works, but Jessica Simpson has to be giving birth soon, right? [TMZ]
- Jimmy Fallon had a really fun-sounding birthday party for his wife Nancy Juvonen in their "1950s farmhouse." (See? Already fun.) [Page Six]
- Justin Bieber's handler Scooter Braun is dating a nonprofit founder named Yael Cohen. [Page Six]
- Meanwhile, J'Biebs denies that he was recklessly driving his car in Calabasas — together, this and the previous item sound way too much like an Entourage story arc than I am comfortable with. [TMZ]
- AND: Bieber had a showcase showdown with Keyshawn Johnson. [TMZ]
- Demi Moore skipped Scout Willis's graduation from Brown. Good game, everyone. [Radar Online]
- Tom Hardy visited a young mother with liver cancer after she told a British talk show that meeting him was on her wish list. He brought her a diamond necklace. (OVARY EXPLODE.) [Gossip Cop]
- American Poet Laureate Ke$ha has a new music video. [Gossip Cop]
- Kelly Clarkson will marry Brandon Blackstock on October 20th in Nashville. [Radar Online]
- While Will Smith says that he and Jada Pinkett Smith didn't push his kids into showbiz, he's kind of glad that's what they chose: "It’s less scary to me than if he wanted to be a dentist in that I couldn’t help with what he’d chosen. I have relationships with some of the biggest filmmakers and actors and producers on Earth. So I can be a huge help.”
- Buy one of Diddy's reasonably-priced houses for yourself or a friend (me)! [Page Six]
- Rob Lowe in Behind the Candelabra = Lucille Bluth. [TMZ]
- BEST TRUE HEADLINE EVER. [The Sun]