- President Trump gave a subdued press conference today in which he was largely passive-aggressive toward the press and deeply emo about the fact that everyone is very disappointed in him right now! “I used to get great press until I ran for politics,” Trump said. “I used to be the king of getting good press... I was very good at it. They covered me well...” Reminiscing about better times? He then cited Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, and Sean Hannity (great guys), saying that they’ve told him that they don’t know one man or woman who “could handle what I’ve had to handle.” Normal guy!
- In case you missed it: a memo of the phone call between President Trump and Ukranian President Volodymyr Zelensky has been made public. Even though the White House released it as some kind of exonerating document, it pretty clearly shows Trump instructing Zelensky to work with Attorney General Barr and Rudy Giuliani to investigate Joe Biden. [White House/Washington Post]
- Also, the White House accidentally sent House Democrats a copy of their talking points on this whistleblower drama. LOL:
- The acting Director of National Intelligence threatened to resign if the White House tried to block his ability to speak before Congress on the whistleblower complaint. [Washington Post]
- Jesus Christ:
- Joe Biden is tanking in the polls in key early primary states like Iowa and New Hampshire. Welp! [Politico]
- Meanwhile, Elizabeth Warren is soaring in the polls. [Politico]
- Cindy McCain says that the current Republican Party is nothing like the Republican Party she and her late husband John McCain joined way back when. Uh, sure, whatever. [CNN]
- Employer health insurance is becoming more and more unaffordable for Americans. So much for loving our health care plans. [New York Times]
- New York Governor Cuomo and Food Network star Sandra Lee have split. A Cuomo Christmas will never be the same again:
This has been Barf Bag.