Tracy Morgan has settled with Walmart over the car crash that left one person dead while the comedian and other passengers were seriously injured. The terms of the settlement and amount agreed upon was not disclosed. “Walmart did right by me and my family, and for my associates and their families. I am grateful that the case was resolved amicably,” said Morgan in a statement.
Last June, a Walmart truck crashed into the back of the limo van holding Morgan and others. James “Jimmy Mack” McNair, a friend and fellow comedian, was killed. Morgan suffered a traumatic brain injury, a broken leg and broken ribs. His assistant Jeffrey Millea, along with comedian Ardie Fuqua, also suffered serious injuries.
Benedict Morelli, Morgan’s lawyer, said back in March that the actor wasn’t yet fully recovered but was “working very hard to get better, physically, emotionally and mentally.”
Courtney Stodden’s momager, Krista Keller, has resigned from her role due to “serious creative differences.” I doubt Stodden’s recent sex tape has anything to do with it. After all, allowing her youngest daughter to marry a 50-year-old man when she was sixteen clearly shows she’s a mom with an open mind. Keller isn’t retiring from her craft as she will be “on the lookout for people that I would like to manage to help them reach their goals in the entertainment industry.” In the meantime, she plans on helping her husband run his Christian website, PowerSharing.com, which she describes as “a ministry to uplift and inspire others to follow their dreams through faith.” Alright, then.
It looks like some anti-Iggy Azalea music fans have started a petition to get her Billboard award for Top Rap Song taken away. The rapper was given the title for her song, “Fancy” and the petition’s supporters claim that the song was actually ineligible, since it was released in February 2014, when the period for eligibility began in March. According to Billboard, the petition has no weight, saying that the rules for eligibility are based on dates of “fans interactions with music” instead of the date the song was released. Bummer news for the 20,000 people who signed it. That’s a lot of people, Iggy, Maybe you should just give it to Nicki Minaj to make them happy.
- Rumer Willis and Demi Moore look like identical twins. I’m scared. [Page Six]
- Chris Pine might be in Wonder Woman! [Variety]
- And...Tilda Swinton might be in Doctor Strange! [Just Jared]
- So long, Blink-182. [Entertainment Weekly]
- Kelly Osbourne has spent $11,000 on a dog that literally weighs as much as the burger patty I just ate. [TMZ]
- Look guys, Leonardo DiCaprio used a selfie stick all by himself! [Us Weekly]
- Andrew Garfield’s man bun looks weak. Speaking of man buns, let’s move on to something more interesting, like men wearing extremely high ponytails à la Blonde Ambition Tour-era Madonna. Thanks. [E Online]
- So sad. U2’s longtime tour manager, Dennis Sheehan passed away in his hotel room. [TMZ]
- Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderrama might be engaged. BTW, what has Wilmer done besides That ‘70s Show and date every single child star from the 2000s? [The Hollywood Gossip]
- The most terrifying thing has happened to J-Lo. She got glitter bombed by a scary-ass clown. I guess it’s better than being sprayed with pig’s blood or something. [D Listed]
Images via Getty.
Contact the author at email@example.com.