- In case you missed it, the president gave a speech today at the UN wherein he 1) promised to “totally destroy” North Korea if Kim Jong Un, whom he referred to as “Rocket Man,” threatened the US or her allies, so I guess we’re having a nuclear war tomorrow; 2) used the phrase “loser terrorists”; 3) spoke about authoritarian leaders as though he does not have a massive crush on them, and 4) decided, for some reason, to say that some parts of the world are “going to hell,” which is certainly true if he was referring specifically to the current occupants of the West Wing (I don’t think he was, though). He also implied he was considering pulling out of the Iran deal. Have a great night! [New York Times]
- No, this is not déjà vu—a bipartisan group of governors really has come out, yet again, against a massively awful Republican healthcare plan. [Washington Post]
- Robert Mueller’s prosecutors have reportedly told Paul Manafort that they plan to indict him. [New York Times]
- Democratic Reps. Luis Gutierrez (IL), Raul Grijalva (AZ), Adriano Espaillat (NY), and New York City Council speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito were arrested on civil disobedience charges after protesting in support of DACA outside of Trump Tower. [CNN]
- Ryan Zinke installed a Big Buck Hunter machine in his employee cafeteria in an ongoing and excruciating effort to convince everybody that he isn’t dismantling his agency’s mission. [Twitter]
This has been Barf Bag.