Image via ABC/The Bachelor.

Bekah Martinez, a buzzy 22-year-old contestant on this season of The Bachelor, was very recently listed as “missing” on the California Department of Justice’s website, the North Coast Journal reported on Thursday. That’s weird and worrisome?

Public Information Officer Samantha Karges told the Journal that Martinez had been reported missing on November 18 by her mother. “Martinez had reportedly come to Humboldt County to work on a marijuana farm. Her mother hadn’t heard from her since Nov. 12, 2017,” Karges said. Karges also confirmed to the Journal that she’d spoken on the phone to Martinez, and Martinez has been removed from the Missing and Unidentified Persons Unit.

Advertisement

(To get into the details here, we’re going to have to deal in potential spoilers for the season, so, I guess don’t read on if you’re more worried about that than about her.)

This all likely would have taken place after she’d finished filming the show. The season wrapped filming entirely around Thanksgiving, and they were reportedly already down to just a few contestants filming overnights by around November 14; Reality Steve told us in a DM that Bekah was off the show before November 1.

Advertisement

In response to the Journal’s report, Bekah tweeted:

And followed up with:

Advertisement

The timeline here doesn’t entirely make sense, but Warner Bros. and ABC declined Jezebel’s request for comment and Bekah didn’t immediately respond to a tweeted request for comment, so this generally remains a mystery. I suppose it’s a relief that she’s still tweeting.