Diminutive singer Ariana Grande reportedly canceled some photo shoots in Australia when they would not meet her extravagant list of demands (including, but not limited to, a rule prohibiting the photographing of the right side of her face).
According to this Australian news article that terrifyingly describes Grande as a "pocket rocket poppette," all media who were granted an audience with Celebrated Pocket Rocket Poppette Ariana Grande were instructed not to ask questions about the following topics:
(2) Mariah Carey
(3) Sam & Cat/Jennette McCurdy
(4) Working/collaborating with Justin Bieber
(5) Her grandfather passing away
I don't know how standard that is, but, whatever, I wouldn't want people asking me about my grandpa or my ex-boyfriends either, and I would love to have a clause in all my interactions forbidding the mention of Justin Bieber (unless it is related to the moustache-shaving video, my favorite cultural artifact).
In addition, photographers were given last minute instructions telling them to not use natural light (an affront to the "sunlight streaming in through the window on the gorgeous Sydney afternoon," as I gather from this article) and to shoot only from the left side of her face.
After spending a few minutes doing a shoot for mX newspaper — WITH NO RIGHT SIDE PIX — Grande reportedly left the set to change her top and never returned. After about 40 minutes, one of her reps returned and demanded that the photographer delete all his photos. He refused, and Grande went on to skip the rest of her photo shoots for various other outlets.
In short, Pocket Rocket Popette Ariana Grande and the gorgeous sunlight of Sydney are in a big fight. [News.com.au]
LOOK AT ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK STAR DASCHA POLANCO'S HAIR. LOOK AT IT!! It is extremely gorgeous, and she is a beauteous vision.
She looks like if the Lady of the Lake had a Tumblr. [HuffPo]
Mariska Hargitay has finally broken her silence on the fact that Taylor Swift named her cat Olivia Benson (the world has been waiting with bated breath for this moment of great and historical significance). Specifically, she posted an Instagram of herself in a cat collar with the following caption:
"@taylorswift this came in the mail #WrongAddress #GotThisByCatccident #DontHaveACatniption #Collared #GonnaWearItAnyway #CatsOuttaTheBag #MeowliviaBenson #ScratchThat #PurrrfectName #TaylorMade #3MonthsLater #ALittleLateToThePawty #ThisCollarNeedsACat #PawAndOrder #OliviaBensonPetDetective"
PAW AND ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DID I NOT THINK OF THIS SOONER AND THEN SPEND EVERY DAY THINKING ABOUT IT CONTINUOUSLY? [E!]
- VERY IMPORTANT NEWS: Kim Kardashian put up a photo of herself standing next to a motorcycle with the caption "broom broom." This indicates that Kim Kardashian, like so many of us, is a fan of "In Me Mum's Car." Today is a truly #blessed day. [Instagram]
- Justin Bieber did some Instagram magic tricks at the gym :( [ONTD]
- Seth Rogen tweeted some angry stuff about the NFL because the NFL is awful. [DListed]
- "Here's How Prince George Reacted to the New Royal Baby News." Um, he is 14 months old. I don't think he knows what the Royal Baby News means. His reaction was probably the same as his reaction to all else, which I bet is chewing on his expensive-ass baby sweater. [PopSugar]
- Prince Harry, the original and everlasting Royal Baby, did have a reaction because he is a grown person. He said, in jest, "I can't wait to see my brother suffer more." [Us Magazine]
- Miley Cyrus' mom says that ice cream cone-shaped pasties is her "least favorite outfit, not just on her but on anyone." I wonder if there are other pasty shapes she likes better? [Page Six]
- One Direction has announced a new album ("FOUR," THEIR FOURTH) and the first song from it is on the Internet now. I asked my boyfriend, who is a professional musician, if it's a good song and he made a face like this: <:0 [Us Magazine]
- Kendall Jenner, model, walked in the Tommy Hilfiger show dressed exactly like a sexy wizard. [Just Jared]
- Cara Delevingne got a tattoo of the word "bacon" on her foot. [MTV]
Images via Getty, Instagram.