Vote 2020 graphic
Everything you need to know about and expect during
the most important election of our lifetimes

Texas Child Finds MDMA in a Sonic Kids Meal

Illustration for article titled Texas Child Finds MDMA in a Sonic Kids Meal
Image: Google Maps

A Texas family who bought a Sonic kids meal for their four-year-old discovered an MDMA pill inside a hamburger wrapper.

Advertisement

According to The Dallas Morning News, a family in Taylor, Texas, near Austin, stopped at Sonic to buy kids meals for their two children, ages four and eleven. As the older child unwrapped a burger for the younger, she found a pill. Luckily, she asked her parents what it was: “Being an 11-year-old, she asked her parents if this was candy,” Taylor police Chief Henry Fluck told KEYE-TV.”

The parents took the pill to the local police station, where officers declared it to be an MDMA tablet. MDMA is also known as ecstasy or molly, depending on whether you’re at a 90's rave or a Brooklyn warehouse party.

Advertisement

Authorities arrested three Sonic employees, including manger Tanisha Monavette Dancer, who had three more tabs on her when police searched.

Around Halloween, the popular drug and razor blade-laced foodstuff urban legend circulates social media, often prompting the childless to explain that no one wants to waste expensive drugs on kids who won’t even appreciate them. But it has happened, though not necessarily in the ways parents are usually warned about. There’s been at least one case of a child dying after eating deliberately poisoned candy, and last summer, sewing needle-riddled strawberries caused a panic in Australia.

Share This Story

Get our newsletter

DISCUSSION

kryan8jones
spektraVDG

And here I thought it was only KFC that drugged their food... (seriously, there’s no reason their gravy should be that good)