On Wednesday, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed reports that the Los Angeles County city attorney declined to prosecute Terry Crews’ criminal complaint against his former agent, Adam Venit, who works at William Morris Endeavor.
In October, Crews first publicly alleged (though not initially naming Venit) that a “high level Hollywood executive” groped his crotch at an industry party. Then, in November, Crews filed a sexual assault report with the Los Angeles Police Department. After the District Attorney’s office decided that the case didn’t merit bringing felony charges, the complaint was referred to the office of L.A. City Attorney Mike Feuer, which was tasked with determining whether misdemeanor charges might be brought against Verit.
Feuer told THR on Wednesday, “The matter was referred to our office and was subsequently denied due to the lapse in statute of limitations for misdemeanor cases.”
Crews alleges the incident took place in February 2016, and the statute of limitations for this misdemeanor case would have expired after one year.
Demi Lovato does not suffer excessively from loneliness—in part because she is no longer dating Wilmer Valderrama and, moreover, because she can always slide into some hottie’s DMs. “I’m normally the first one to make the move,” Lovato told Instyle for their April Issue. “I’m always the one who says, ‘Let me get your number.’ Or I slide into their DMs on Instagram.”
Some sobering pup news:
- The Bachelor’s Arie Luyendyk looks attractive and undaunted in this 2008 mugshot taken on the occasion of his arrest for driving with a suspended license. [Daily Mail]
- Tommy Lee’s 21-year-old son, who has a mustache (and it’s not good), blamed his father’s alleged alcoholism for a physical altercation that broke out between them on Monday. [People]
- Katie Holmes loves Chipotle, gets the cheese quesadilla. [People]
- Vince Staples created a GoFundMe for his early retirement. [Page Six]
- Heather Locklear has checked into a treatment center following her domestic violence arrest. [E! News]