Real Housewives of New Jersey's Teresa Giudice began her 15-month sentence at Federal Correctional Institution in Danbury, Connecticut today, surrendering around 3am this morning—7 hours ahead of schedule. "She was ready," said her lawyer.
Via E! Online:
The married mother of four, who rose to fame via Bravo's The Real Housewives of New Jersey in 2009, left her Montville Township mansion shortly after midnight in the back seat of a black SUV driven by her lawyer, James J. Leonard Jr..."Teresa is a very strong woman. She won't have any problems in there." According to Leonard, Teresa's early surrender was negotiated with prison officials over several phone calls on New Year's Eve. "When we arrived at Danbury, everyone we encountered was extremely courteous and respectful," he shared.
Giudice, who pled guilty to charges of financial fraud in March of 2014, will be serving her sentence in the same federal prison that's hosted fellow famous inmates. Lauryn Hill, Leona Helmsley and Orange Is the New Black author Piper Kerman.
"[Teresa] was anxious to get in, get this thing started, get it behind her, and get back to her family. Her four girls are her primary focus," her lawyer told ABC News.
Following her release, Teresa's husband Joe Giudice will serve a staggered sentence of 41 months.
Unfaithful actor Olivier Martinez has had a battery report filed against him after he allegedly knocked an LAX employee to the ground using a child's car seat. Martinez was swarmed by paparazzi while traveling through the airport with wife Halle Berry and their two children. According to the LAPD, the family "required assistance from Los Angeles Airport Police after a crowd of photographers and a contract airport employee came too close to the family to take photos." The injured airport employee was perhaps taking photos of the family as well, but that has not been confirmed by police. [Gossip Cop]
Keeping a cooler head, Kristen Stewart told an airport autograph seeker to "get the fuck out of [her] face" after he repeatedly asked her to sign a photo of her ex, Robert Pattinson. UH, FAIR ENOUGH. There's anxiety-inducing footage of the incident, which shows the dude hounding Stewart to the point where even the paparazzi are telling him to back off. Note to self: I could never handle being famous.
- Sports commentator Jim Rome has apologized for calling marching bands "dorks," becoming the only thing dorkier than marching bands. [US Weekly]
- Take me, baby...or leave me: Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel are official divorced. [VH1]
- The Jamie Dornan "OH FUCK YOU MEAN I ACTUALLY HAVE TO TALK ABOUT FIFTY SHADES OF GREY IN INTERVIEWS?!" press tour continues. [Pop Sugar]
- Camille Grammer has been cancer free for one year. At least one woman probably predicted this. [E! Online]
- Lena Dunham posted an Instagram photo that's caused some to speculate (thanks to the big ass rock on her ring finger) that she's engaged to Jack Antonoff, but does that really seem like the kind of thing Dunham would be able to keep quiet about? [The Hollywood Gossip]
- President Obama chilled in Hawaii with Eddie Vedder. [Billboard]
- Perfect idea for a Nazi and heartbreak themed Valentine's Day date: You can now see Emma Stone as Sally Bowles in Cabaret through February 15. [NYDN]
- Olivia Newton John and Didi Conn—a.k.a Sandy and Frenchy from Grease—reunited to perform "Summer Nights" in Las Vegas. [E! Online]
- Sister Sister's Tamera Mowry is expecting her second baby. No announcement has been made about which sibling will go to Jackée and which will go to Tim Reid. [People]
Images via Getty.