To the One Direction fans who continue to mourn Zayn Malik’s departure from the group, don’t despair because there’s still hope! I mean, not for you, but as famed genius Stephen Hawking points out, there could be a far-off universe where One Direction remains whole and happy.
During a Q&A at the Sydney Opera House, Hawking was asked, “What do you think is the cosmological effect of Zayn leaving One Direction and consequently breaking the hearts of millions of teenage girls across the world?”
“Finally, a question about something important,” Hawking responded, adding:
“My advice to any heartbroken young girl is to pay close attention to the study of theoretical physics, because one day there may well be proof of multiple universes.
“It would not be beyond the realms of possibility that somewhere outside of our own universe lies another different universe,” he continued. “And in that universe, Zayn is still in One Direction.”
As good of a reason as any for girls to pursue careers in the STEM fields.
Justin Bieber made up for part of his lost childhood this weekend when he crashed the prom of Chatsworth High School, a public school in L.A. “THANK YOU @justinbieber FOR THE BEST PROM, still can’t believe I danced w/ @justinbieber at prom,” tweeted one excited teen. “JUSTIN BIEBER CAME TO MY PROM & I DANCED WITH HIM WTF,” all-caps’d another. “Always wanted to go to prom. Thanks for having me. #promcrasher :),” Bieber later responded.
Here are some videos of Justin being shrieked at:
Assuming that Justin Bieber rode to Chatsworth High in his mom’s mini van and spent the entire afterparty throwing up in his friend’s parents’ toilet, then yeah, I’d say he got a pretty normal prom experience. [Gossip Cop]
25-year-old Tyga and teen girlfriend Kylie Jenner have been together for less than a year, but that doesn’t mean it’s too soon to immortalize their love with permanent ink. (JK, it’s always too soon!) Tyga has been spotted out and about with the name “Kylie” seemingly tattooed on his upper forearm. Looking forward to seeing what kind of “Wino Forever” adjustment occurs following their break up. [TMZ]
- Speaking of the Jenners, Kris “wants to just hide” following Bruce’s Diane Sawyer interview. [Radar]
- Amy Winehouse’s family is not pleased with the upcoming documentary about her life and say that it’s “misleading and contains some basic untruths.” [NYDN]
- Your cynicism about Tidal has hurt Jay Z’s feelings. [Gossip Cop]
- Lil Wayne’s tour bus was shot up in Atlanta this weekend. No one was injured. [TMZ]
- Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed got hitched! [THG]
- And Somerhalder’s ex Nina Dobrev is probably fine with it! [US Weekly]
- Vanilla Ice doesn’t see why Native American actors are so mad about the blatant racism in his and Adam Sandler’s new Netflix show. [TMZ]
- Blake Lively says that living with a baby “might be like living with a drug addict.” [US Weekly]
- And somehow I completely forgot that Lively’s husband Ryan Reynolds was once married to Scarlett Johansson. Sunrise, sunset. [Us Weekly]
Photos via Getty, AP.