Kesha hasn’t released an album in over three years, but it’s not because she hasn’t tried. The singer (whose 2012 album is a personal favorite of mine) reportedly wants to record more music, but told Sony she’d only do it if Dr. Luke—the man whom she claims assaulted her—has no involvement. Sony “rejected” that deal last year, and Kesha has remained in musical limbo ever since.
Now, TMZ reports that Sony is arguing that all is not lost for their voiceless contractual prisoner. The company isn’t just confident in Kesha’s future: they think her prolonged break will do incredible things for her career.
According to legal docs — obtained by TMZ — Sony has scoffed at Kesha’s claims, pointing out Adele, JT and D’Angelo all took long breaks and came back stronger.
Sony also says it’s invested more than $11 mil in Kesha’s career and she’s made a ton of cash as a result — $3 million in royalties alone.
And maybe they’re right! This guy seems to think so:
Here’s a great example of Radar Online’s unparalleled ability to twist literally any story into something with a salacious headline. After publishing weeks of content about David and Yolanda Foster’s divorce, David eventually sent them a statement. Directly.
Here’s what he said:
“Over the past few weeks, a great deal of inaccurate or baseless information has been reported claiming to represent my thoughts and feelings. It is painful to watch this happen repeatedly — especially while trying to cope with the personal nature of the challenges surrounding the breakup of our loving marriage...I have always had and continue to have the utmost respect and love for Yolanda, which is why it is so frustrating to see headlines questioning her chronic debilitating illness.”
Here’s the headline Radar gave it:
Question of the year:
- Drake Bell got a DUI. [TMZ]
- Lady Gaga got a horse. [Page Six]
- Farrah Abraham is adopting a kid, which sounds like a great idea for everyone involved. [Radar Online]
- Hugh Grant, who had his first child at 51, just had his fourth child at 55. [E! Online]
- Khloe Kardashian is naked in a pool for something. Peta maybe? The UN? I don’t know. [THG]
- This story about Nic Cage and a stolen dinosaur skull should be right up my alley, but somehow I don’t care. [Page Six]
- Heidi Klum bravely went to In-N-Out amidst rumors she was dumped for Dakota Johnson. [Daily Mail]
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image via Getty.