Seth Meyers’s wife Alexi Ashe gave birth to their son in the lobby of their Manhattan apartment Sunday evening, just minutes after calling 911. “I called 911 and over the course of a minute conversation,” he told his audience on Monday. “I said, ‘We’re about to have a baby—we’re having a baby— we had a baby.”
The couple named their son Axel Strahl Meyers. “Strahl,” Meyers explained, was chosen as a way of honoring Ashe’s grandparents. Explained Meyers:
“I never met my wife’s grandparents, but I’ve heard so much about them, and they were Holocaust survivors who met the day after they were liberated. They met in the hospital in Austria and days like this... when someone was born, you just have such an appreciation for everyone in your lineage who lived so that you could have this moment.”
Giving birth in your apartment lobby and then telling everyone about it at 30 Rock the next day?!? Only in New York, baby!
Meanwhile, Rachel McAdams (probably) gave birth in a hospital like some loser. She “was recently seen in photographs obtained by the Hollywood Pipeline walking beside boyfriend Jamie Linden, which appeared to show him carrying a newborn baby in his arms.”
The photo is...definitely worth looking at.
Here’s a tweet:
And here’s a video:
- *Olive Oyl voice* He needs me, he needs me, he needs me, he needs me, he needs me, he needs me, he needs me, he needs meeeeeeeeee! [People]
- “I lucked out, I married Bill Macy.” -Felicity Huffman [Us Weekly]
- “I’VE GOT SOMETHIN’ TO SAY!!!!” -Judge Judy [TMZ]
- This photo of Diane Kruger is me on my Instagram grid. [Just Jared]
- This photo of Joshua Jackson is me on my Instagram stories. [Just Jared]
- WHO ASKED YOU, KRISTEN BELL? [Celebitchy]