Selena Gomez made a big revelation this week, sharing that her 2014 break was not for rehab—as was widely reported—but because she needed chemotherapy to treat her lupus.
She told Billboard:
“I was diagnosed with lupus, and I’ve been through chemotherapy. That’s what my break was really about. I could’ve had a stroke. I wanted so badly to say, ‘You guys have no idea. I’m in chemotherapy. You’re assholes.’ I locked myself away until I was confident and comfortable again.”
Gomez then discussed how painful it was to watch helplessly as the wrong story was told in the press:
“I’m so fucking nice to everybody, and everyone is so vile to me. I’ve been working since I was 7. I’ve been a UNICEF ambassador since I was 17. It’s so disappointing that I’ve become a tabloid story.”
Shad “Bow Wow” Moss has very strange eating habits! He revealed a few of them in Us Weekly’s regular feature “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me” feature, and the most surprising ones were about food:
- “I like chocolate chip cookies without the chips.”
- “I also love apple pie — without the fruit.”
- “I only eat the white parts of eggs.”
I don’t mean to, like, judge someone’s tastes? But Bow Wow is just, I’m sorry, very wrong about all of these things. What even is an apple pie without the fruit? Syrupy crust? No. Maybe I can see forgive chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate, but I will not stand for only eating egg whites. Allow me to quote a classic Nora Ephron essay:
I have friends who eat egg-white omelettes. Every time I’m forced to watch them eat egg-white omelettes, I feel bad for them.
FKA Twigs has so plenty of friends, but none of them are Taylor Swift. In an interview with Fader, Twigs explains that while she has nothing against Swift, she has no interest in joining her squad.
“I think Taylor Swift is great, but I wouldn’t necessarily think, ‘Oh my god, I have to be friends with her.’”
She then went on to discuss how her fans are all over the map:
“When I meet fans, they’re quite creative and intelligent, kind, sensitive. Some are old ladies, witch doctors from Louisiana, kids that have just left art school. Gay or lesbian couples, straight middle-aged couples...I’m honest, and that comes out.”
Do you think witch doctors from Louisiana are fans of 1989? I sure don’t.
OK, maybe the Ryan Adams version.
- Thanks to Ben Affleck, A-listers want the opposite of Christine Ouzounian as their nannies now. [Celebitchy]
- Matt Bomer says filming AHS sex scenes was “pretty surreal.” Having seen last night’s dreadful premiere, I’m thinking that’s because he had to be covered in blood and Lady Gaga. [Socialite Life]
- John Stamos, known worldwide for his role on Grandfathered, “will be charged with DUI” for driving under the influence of GHB, “the so-called date rape drug.” [TMZ]
- Joe DiMaggio became impotent after a “botched surgery,” and that’s what ruined his marriage to Marilyn Monroe. Oh, and he also hated the Kennedys. [Page Six]
- Diane Keaton has a wine brand now, and she wants you to drink it on ice. [People]
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.