Selena Gomez posted a very artistic and ambiguous photo of herself
being sacrificed to a curtain monster frolicking in the sun on her Instagram yesterday and the internet erupted in idle speculation about what it could all mean. Is Selena finally taking control of her career and shedding her good-girl image? Is she trying to get the attention of Niall Horan? Is this photo a response to recent shirtless pictures that Justin Bieber posted? Are celebrities sexting in public now? Does this look like a still from the new season of American Horror Story to anyone else? So many questions!
The photo has already received over 640 thousand likes on the photo-sharing site and the comments section is (as expected) full of supporters ("Ignore the haters"), defensive fans with theories about what's really going on in the photo ("Selena isnt naked shes wearing a bikini that almost matches her skin making her look naked but really isnt selly knows better") and at least one person who was confused by the whole thing and asked "wtf are you doing in a fucking curtain and then you take a picture of it?" [The Gloss]
Kermit and Miss Piggy got in on the Kimye Vogue cover action, posting a photo to Facebook and upgrading their status to "the universe's most talked about couple". Those are fighting words! Your move, Kimye. [Just Jared]
- Lana Del Rey is going on tour. If her SNL performance is any indication, you had better prepare yourself for a lot of swaying in place. And then probably flying in place. This show is going to look like goth night in a club from the 90s. [JustJared]
- Sarah Michelle Gellar is quitting Vogue due to this whole "Kimye on the cover" business. Is this a #burn or a #stake? [ONTD]
- Tom Daley is constantly being offered sex by his fans. I can't even get the sample people at Costco to offer me a taste of yogurt. [ONTD]
- Amanda Bynes looked great (and was hopefully feeling even better) at the FID spring fashion show. [ONTD]
- Kate Bush is performing live for the first time in 35 years. Pray to god you can cope when ticket prices are announced. [The Guardian]
- Liam Neeson did not save a dog from being abused by a gang in Central Park. Is this the cherry tree story of our time? He can't even tell a lie when it makes him look good. [The Mirror]
- Annie Leibovitz allegedly thinks Kimye is tacky, only shot their Vogue cover for the money. [Showbiz Spy]
- Lupita Nyong'o now has a school named after her in Kenya. [HipHollywood]
- Porsha Williams thinks that sex tapes shot on cellphones don't count because they can't be shared like DVDs. You're right, Porsha. Copying DVDs is an expensive and tedious process. [E!]
- Speaking of The Real Housewives, several of the ladies from the Beverly Hills franchise are in Lady Gaga's new video, because why not? The video will premiere on Tonight's Dateline and is worth it just for the split-second footage of Carlton Gebbia pretending to play a harp as if her life depended on it. [People]
- Chris Brown is allegedly miserable in jail and is promising never to fuck up again. [TMZ]
- George R.R. Martin has finished several chapters of the newest Game of Thrones book, but refuses to tell anyone what happens. Expect your favorte character to die, anyway. [Salon]
- Anne Hathaway met an anteater. [Us]
- Kate Hudson and Matt Bellamy are in couples' counseling. Best of luck to the both of them.
Adele DazeemIdina Menzel and John Travolta are now friends. Expect this to end exactly like The Cask of Amontillado, but with more singing. [Us]
Lead image via Instagram.