On Tuesday, USA Today reported that Harvey Weinstein’s lawyer had offered evidence aimed at discrediting Rose McGowan’s claim that the disgraced Hollywood producer raped her in 1997 at the Sundance Film Festival.
That evidence came in the form of emails from Jill Messick, McGowan’s former manager, and Ben Affleck, whom she claims she talked to about the alleged assault just after it occurred. Weinstein’s lawyer said that in those emails, sent before a slew of public allegations of sexual assault and harassment were made against Weinstein in late 2017, Messick and Affleck apparently denied that McGowan had told them about the alleged assault.
Per Weinstein’s attorney:
“Ben Affleck expressed the following in an email to Mr. Weinstein, ‘She never told me nor did I ever infer that she was attacked by anyone. Any accounts to the contrary are false. I have no knowledge about anything Rose did or claimed to have done.’”
To which McGowan responded with a resounding “You will be an empty suit coffin,” and so forth.
Jessica Chastain says that, like Lady Bird (who is fictional, from the Greta Gerwig movie Lady Bird), she too had an affinity for the Dave Matthews album Crash, even going so far as to lose her virginity while listening to it.
- The disgraced DJ who groped Taylor Swift’s butt (he has a name, and it’s David Mueller) called the cops over an alleged bomb threat against him. [TMZ]
- The University of Iowa announced it’s removing casino mogul Steve Wynn’s name from one of its institutes after he was accused of sexual misconduct. [THR]
- “Cowboy Ninja Viking,” so, what, we’re not trying anymore? [EW]
- At this moment there’s nothing I’d rather read than Gwyneth Paltrow’s wedding “brainstorm.” [People]
- Stormy Daniels and Wendy Williams are feuding, it has something to do with the relative vitality of Daniels’ vagina? [TMZ]