After two years of marital bliss, 19-year-old Courtney Stodden has split from her 53-year-old husband Doug Hutchison. People, people, I know this is hard, and I know what you're thinking: "Hhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuggghhh, this bra iiiiiiiitches. Should I order cheesy bread or nachos? Wait...did I turn the space heater off? Whatever. Oh hey, is that Jeff over there? Jeff! JEFF!!! JEEEEFF!!! Oh, nevermind, it's not Jeff. Uuuugh, quit looking over here, not-Jeff. Hhhhhhh. Man, I have to poop." Yes. Indeed. I think we can all relate.
During their courtship and throughout their marriage, much was made about the considerable age disparity between the pair — and Stodden's countless, photo shoots in barely-there swimsuits and less.
According to the source, Stodden's unusual fame — which she parlayed into a role on a recent season of Celebrity Big Brother in the UK — was a key factor in the couple's split.
"After Courtney experienced being in Celebrity Big Brother in the UK she realized that there is this whole world out there to explore," the source explains. "She was so reliant on Doug up until doing the show, but after going so far away, she realized she could survive by herself."
The controversial star's time in London was "her first ever experience of having indepedence," the source says of the outspoken Southerner.
"The dynamics had suddenly totally changed. They've been arguing so much since they came back from London."
The split was reportedly initiated by Courtney and Doug is reportedly "devastated. The rest of a shocked nation continues to have to poop. [Us]
- Rihanna and Karrueche Tran both went as "a chola" for Halloween, which is actually kind of a weird coincidence. [E!]
- Minka Kelly wore an outfit and everyone's confused for some reason. [E!]
- "Jackson Rathbone Proves He's the Unsung Hero of Twilight." Sorry, don't know any of those words. [People]
- Lindsay Lohan got paid $50k to host a H-ween party at
a Vegas clubFoxwoods last night, but she got there so late that the club wants its money back. That reminds me that one time I went to a club opening in a horrible Seattle suburban mall because Mario Lopez was supposed to be there, and I waited for like four hours and he literally never showed up. I think it's because they accidentally booked Wario Lopez. That guy's a dick. [TMZ]
- Gay people are mad at Britney Spears. [Radar]
- oh man who gives a fuck [ContactMusic]
- Demi Moore went to India and got spiritual. [E!]
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart got together and platonically talked about dogs. [E!]
- This one's for you, Dourtney. (Yeah, I know Dourtney is the dog. But it's also the best portmanteau ever. Deal with it sunglasses dot gif.)