- Yesterday, Chris Brown's father spoke to the press. But now, Rihanna's father is speaking out as well. "There is some bruising. She will be alright. I think so," Ronald Fenty says of his famous daughter.[People]
- "At some point, she will speak out," Fenty continued, "I hope she will stand up for women all over the world." As for his daughter's relationship with Brown, Fenty says: "If it were me, I'd move on." [People]
- The Mirror is also quoting Ronald Fenty as stating: "The relationship is over and I am pleased. She doesn't want to speak to Chris. She is being very brave about things and said that she will be back on stage performing soon."[Mirror]
- Jay-Z is also speaking out in support of Rihanna, reminding the public that this is a very serious situation: "This is a real situation. You have to have compassion for others. Just imagine it being your sister or mom and then think about how we should talk about that. I just think we should all support her. She's going through a tough time. You have to realize she's a young girl, as well. She's very young." [People]
- Paris Hilton: Rapper? [Popdirt]
- Miley Cyrus isn't allowed to move out of the house until she turns 18: "Miley's parents feel, that if anything, she has already got more freedom than is good for her," says a source, "Miley knows that the next time she asks, it will come as less of a shock. She plans to wear her mom and dad down. She is itching for freedom and hopes to be under her own roof well before she turns 18." [ShowbizSpy]
- M.I.A. has given birth to a baby boy. It is the first child for the singer and her fiance, Benjamin Brewer. According to her blog, everything is well:"MY EARLY STAGE LABOUR KICKED IN AROUND 2 AM … MY BABY WAS BORN WEDNESDAY, HE IS HEALTHY, FINE, BEAUTIFUL AND THE MOST AMZING THING EVER ON THIS PLANET, OF COURSE IM HIS MUM!!!" [People]
- Lily Allen has apologized for remarks she made about cocaine ("I know lots of people that take cocaine three nights a week and get up and go to work everyday, no problem at all.") but says she's not interested in being anyone's role model, anyway: "Mothers and sisters should be role models. Not pop stars or actresses."[DailyMail]
- Meanwhile, Beyonce says she's a pretty boring drunk: ""Well, I don't drink often," she says. "But when I'm drunk, I'm very quiet and I observe and I go to sleep. I don't think I'm much fun. Sometimes I'll dance, but I feel like at a party everyone expects me to be [alter-ego] Sasha and go out there and run the dance floor." [ShowbizSpy]
- Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson had to cancel a Valentine's Day gig after they both got sick: "They are both sick with ear infections," says a source, "Sam needs her ears, and flying with an ear infection is a risk that she can't really afford to take." [People]
- Heath Ledger, Kate Winslet, and Slumdog Millionaire are all odds-on favorites to win Academy Awards next weekend. However, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie shouldn't get their hopes up, an oddsmaker says, "A lot of voters are not too fond of Pitt and Jolie."[PageSix]
- "I happen to be a woman who believes she can have it all. But, we women can do an awful lot if we put our minds to it. And not only that, we can have fun doing it! Even when it's crazy - which is pretty much most of the time - it's fun. At least, that's been my experience."- Katie Holmes [ShowbizSpy]
- Clive Owen doesn't give much thought to his sex symbol status: "I think any actor who ever thinks about that or considers himself to be a sex symbol has got serious problems, so I don't spend time reflecting on that." [Guardian]
- Amy Adams doesn't mind being pegged as a "sunny" actress: "I enjoy playing upbeat women characters. They're complex and have made this choice to be joyful. I can relate to their sense of hope," she says, "Sure, I'm upbeat. I'm a Tigger. But lightness doesn't exist without darkness. And I do believe you can have an artistic life without suffering."[TimesOnline]
- Mickey Rourke recently confused airport staff in London by carrying a suitcase filled only with shoes: ""Five-and-a-half stone - 36kg - of shoes is one heck of a lot of shoes, especially for a bloke," says a source, "Staff thought at first he must have had his BAFTA in the case. It was freezing cold but he had no socks on and a pair of blue slip-ons with very low heels. And it turned out that he had about 40 pairs of shoes very similar to the ones he was wearing in the case. It's the sort of thing you'd expect of Victoria Beckham, but not of a tough guy like Mickey Rourke."[ShowbizSpy]
- Julia Roberts claims that Clive Owen is a bit of an "emotional terrorist": "When we shot Closer, he used to make me cry. He's a kind of emotional terrorist, so vicious. The thing about Clive is the happiness and security he has in real life is what allows him to go into a room and grab everyone's attention effortlessly. The secret is, everyone is really attracted to contentment," Roberts says. She also claims that George Clooney is "obsessed" with Owen. Who isn't? [Cleveland Leader]
I can't even imagine what it must be like for Rihanna, having her most personal stuff out there all over the media. She doesn't owe any of us any kind of commentary or statement. It amazes me that the gossip engine seems to think she does.
She's 20 years old. This kind of shit leaves scars, even when it's relatively private. I hope she is surrounded by people who love her unconditionally while she works through all this.
And when she comes back, I hope she's surrounded by an army of female Jezebels who kick the shit out of any pap who yells, "So, were you asking for it?" or any of the other stupid, blame the victim shit they'll be yelling at her.