Last week, the NFL tried to cover its ass for its abysmal handling of the Ray Rice elevator tape — and its depraved indifference to domestic violence in general — by, uh, canceling a game-opening sequence that featured Rihanna. Because Rihanna is a domestic violence survivor. Okay.
It was a wildly dumb and insensitive move — playing a Rihanna song isn't bad PR, but you know what is? Tolerating a culture of total apathy to domestic violence! Rihanna shouldn't be effectively punished for the league's enormous and terrible shortcomings. And RiRi agrees. She just took to Twitter to blast the NFL "penalizing" her for Rice's crime:
TELL 'EM, RIH. [Bossip]
And, in a less infuriating story: here's Bill Murray dancing to "Turn Down For What" at a party in South Carolina. Such easy grace. Such beautiful arm movements. Such a lovely amicable grinding technique. [Billboard]
Beyoncé and Jay Z publicly declared their love and gratitude for one another at the end of their final On the Run Tour concert, which was in Paris. OK, WE GET IT, YOU'RE NOT GETTING DIVORCED. [Billboard]
- Here is your first look at By The Sea, the movie Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt will be starring in (and Angie is directing it). They look hot and moody, and Brad Pitt is wearing some weird glasses. [ONTD]
- Ariana Grande has revealed to Marie Claire the way she "sexed up" her image: "I made out with a rapper in the ["The Way"] video." Works every time? [ONTD]
- Kim Kardashian says that Kanye West did NOT ask someone in a wheelchair to stand up for him, adding #JustWantedEveryoneToHaveAFunNight #TheMediaTwistsThings. [E!]
- In other #TheMediaTwistsThings news, Lindsay Lohan did not handle Whitney Houston's body bag. [HuffPo]
- Jennifer Garner said some stuff about her marriage to Ben Affleck but I didn't read it because it looked really boring. [HuffPo]
- The cast of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants had a reunion, sponsored by Preserve (I hope). The Sisterhood of the Traveling Artisanal Leather Overalls. [Gossip Cop]
- Lauren Conrad has yet to post a photo of her wedding dress on social media, endangering the very lives of thousands — millions, maybe — of eager teens. [MTV]
- Floyd Mayweather, piece of shit, did not tip his waitress after spending $25,000 at a restaurant. [TMZ]
Image via Getty.