To be fair, she actually said "effectively bankrupt," and "effectively bankrupt" in Rihanna-speak means "down to her last $2 million." But, in context, that is a dramatic loss for a woman who regularly earns tens-of-millions per year and is worth more than $40 million total. Rihanna is currently suing said shitty accountant (she filed the suit in 2012).
Although she's worth upwards of $40 million today, back in 2009 she was down to her last $2 million, and didn't know. According to the latest paperwork, she made $11 million in cash in 2009, and blew through more than half of her earnings because of her accountant's bad business advice.
A good portion of the money went to a more than $7 million mansion, which she ended up selling for $2 million less than she paid.
She also claims her expenses also doubled that year, and that her Last Girl on Earth tour was losing money, yet the accountant neither informed her, nor advised that she curb the spending.
Justin Bieber's mom says she's "genuinely concerned" for her son, but also he's an adult so w-evs.
"As any mom of an adult child, Pattie is holding him close and talking to him about everything, but she can't make his decisions for him," a source close to Mallette tells E! News exclusively.
"As any caring mother would be, Pattie is genuinely concerned for Justin, and she has said in many interviews before that she doesn't have her head in the clouds and keeps in very close touch with Justin," the source adds. "She talks with him almost every day, which is likely more than any mom and a 19-year-old son...and she is in the public eye dealing with all of this."
The source says Bieber isn't the only one under a lot of pressure right now.
"It's so hard to see people's opinions and accusations when they don't know her," the source says of Mallette. "If she is with Justin, she is accused of endorsing or enabling him, yet if they find out she is not with him, they accuse her for not being with her own child in a time like this."
I'm sure that sucks. But also, your son's been super shitty lately. Like, dangerously shitty. Struggling to feel bad for anyone in that reckless-drag-racing-blajillionaire family. [E!]
- Abbie Cornish is recording a rap album, so. [E!]
- The babysitter who originally told Mia Farrow that Woody Allen had molested Dylan has now given an interview. [Radar]
- Comedy legend Sid Caesar has died at age 91. [Reuters]
- Here are Gwyneth Paltrow and Reese Witherspoon taking a duckface selfie. [People]
- E! has compiled the cra-a-a-a-a-aziest looks from NYFW. Fashion idea: What if that fur stole thingy said FART instead of FEAR. #hireme [E!]
- Josh Homme says fuck Imagine Dragons and fuck the Grammys. [TMZ]
- Drake thought that Macklemore's post-Grammy text to Kendrick Lamar was "wack as fuck." [E!]
- Rob Kardashian went to the gym. [Us]
- Melissa Joan Hart wrote a heartfelt tribute to Shirley Temple. [EW]
- Kelly Osbourne, Mark McGrath, Judah Friedlander, Vivica A. Fox, Andy Dick, and Judd Hirsch have all agreed to star in Sharknado 2. [JustJared]
Images via Getty.