Rihanna is on the cover of November’s Vanity Fair, and is the subject of a wonderful profile inside. In it, she discusses her upcoming album, her business, her sex life, and—most surprisingly—her thoughts on Rachel Dolezal, the woman who made headlines this summer for identifying as black, despite...well, you remember.
“I think she was a bit of a hero, because she kind of flipped on society a little bit. Is it such a horrible thing that she pretended to be black? Black is a great thing, and I think she legit changed people’s perspective a bit and woke people up.”
You know what else is a great thing, Rihanna? Giving us a release date for your eighth album.
Liza Minnelli took an Uber 200 miles because she’s Liza Minnelli and needed to travel 200 miles. Last weekend, after flying to the East Coast from Los Angeles, bad weather made her connecting flight from Charlotte, NC to Wilmington, NC (where she had a gig) impossible, so she did what any diva would do in that situation: she hailed an Uber.
Reports Page Six:
Her driver was former Egyptian Olympic handball player Ahmed El-Awady — who competed at the 1992 and ’96 games.
This is the plot of a talky, low-budget indie starring, like, Kristin Scott Thomas that I would see on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
It’s sort of nice that Michelle Williams (not that Michelle Williams, but that Michelle Williams) is so optimistic. In a recent interview with Radar Online (she’s one of the celebrities who actually speaks to them), Williams was asked about the chances of a Destiny’s Child reunion tour.
“We have not talked about whether or not we would do another tour, but sure! Why not?”
Later, the former third lead vocalist of Destiny’s Child reassured us with this:
“I still am absolutely in contact with all of them. Absolutely.”
- Nicole Kidman didn’t even KNOW her daughter got married. Honestly, I bet that wedding was fun as heck. [Page Six]
- Gwyneth Paltrow: “If men are being paid a lot more for doing the same thing, it feels shitty.” [Page Six]
- Charlize Theron’s stalker brought FLOWERS. TO. HER. FRONT. DOOR. [TMZ]
- Being away from Jennifer Aniston is “terrible,” says Justin Theroux, whom I believe. [People]
- Jessica Simpson’s husband went to Ashlee Simpson’s birthday party, but not Jessica Simpson. [ET]
- Jussie Smollett says he’s NOT sleeping with Michael Sam. [TMZ]
- Kordell Stewart says he’s NOT sleeping with Andrew Caldwell. [TMZ]
Shoutout to TMZ for giving gay gossip equal weight today!
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image via NBC, and yes, the #NAVY tattoo was Photoshopped.