Today's best comments really deliver.
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Kentucky Head-Stomper Wants An Apology From Victim:
So personal responsibility is just for minorities and pregnant teens?
• Best Comment Of The Day, also in response to Kentucky Head-Stomper Wants An Apology From Victim:
Members of the Tea Party, 1773: Put their foot down for basic rights
Members of the Tea Party, 2010: Stomping on basic rights
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Paris Hilton's Commitment To Ridiculousness Continues:
In this picture: Princess Notmycoke of the Walkidoggi tribe.
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to See Russell Crowe's Thighs In Vintage Rocky Horror Performance:
At the end of the number, Russel Crowe stabbed Frank-N-Furter and screamed at the audience "Are you not entertained?!"
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Lady Gaga Is Downright Cocky About Those Penis Rumors:
One day urine, the next day urout.
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to What To Expect When You're Expecting To Be Made Into (Cautionary) Rom-Com:
Let me guess the plot (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!! Then again...):
1) Man meets woman
2) Man romances woman
3) Man gets woman pregnant
4) Man turns out to be "not ready for fatherhood"
5) Man struggles to help woman with her pregnancy — hijinks ensue (inappropriate Lamaze class jokes, forgetting favorite pregnancy food, forgetting to hold open door, etc.)
6) Woman gets angry at man for being incompetent
7) Man stomps off
8) Montage of Man and Woman doing soul-searching, talking to friends, finally getting sound advice from parents/cab drivers
9) Man and Woman reconcile in back of cab on way to hospital
10) Baby is born — much rejoicing
11) Fade to Man and Woman marrying, baby in Snuggli hanging from front of Man's tuxedo
Reminder: Rather than emailing us your daily comment nominations, we'd like you to submit them in the tips box at the top of the page. So send us your nominations via that box — complete with the outstanding comment's URL — and tag your nomination #cotd. (Replying to a comment with "#cotd" does not work.) From here on out, we'll mine through the brilliance via the Comment of the Day tag page.
Use #trollpatrol to report comments that you feel the editors/mods should be aware of. Try not to respond to/approve/promote trollish comments in the threads — instead, just post the comment on the #trollpatrol page, the same way you'd post a comment on #groupthink or on the #cotd page, and the editors/mods will take care of it.
For meetups, use the meetup tag page!
Oh! My God! I Miss You" />