Today's best comments are clever and classy.
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to 3-D Biopic Trailer Tells Epic Tale Of Bieber's Rise To Fame:
Finally, Avatar has met its match.
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Designers Confuse Fashion Week With Shark Week:
Pardon me, but you have something in your teeth.
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Charlie Sheen Goes Old School, Found Drunk & Naked With Escort:
Man, you know the Plaza has to be wishing for the good old days when they thought Eloise was a lot to deal with.
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Atlanta Housewives Employ Ballerinas, Male Escorts At Baby Showers:
If your Classy Southern Lady baby shower features bellerinas and rhinestone eyeliner, you might be boughetto.
If you defend your husband's criminal past as "white collar", you might be boughetto.
If the primary example of your celebrity clientele is Bobby Brown, you might be boughetto.
C'mon fellow Jezzies, They practically write themselves!
I am loving this season. Give me more Kandi, Nene and Kim!
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to What Was Marie Claire Thinking With This "Fatties" Piece?:
I'm a heroine addict too — my drug of choice is Xena, Warrior Princess, but sometimes I dabble in Wonder Woman.
• Best Comment Of The Day, also in response to What Was Marie Claire Thinking With This "Fatties" Piece?:
What I pick up from every single piece of fat hate I see and read is that the haters, who have spent their whole lives (or even just a recent chunk) trying to be thin and thinking it's a worthwhile goal, see happy fat people and think "I have to follow these strict rules just to live my life normally... why don't they?"
And they see this, and they realize, maybe subconsciously or at least not in words they can express, that all the work they've put in to be thin, all the deprivation and excessive exercise and worry and self-loathing... might actually be pointless. That their idea of what makes a healthy happy person might be wrong. And they lash out.
See also: gender policing.
Reminder: Rather than emailing us your daily comment nominations, we'd like you to submit them in the tips box at the top of the page. So send us your nominations via that box — complete with the outstanding comment's URL — and tag your nomination #cotd. (Replying to a comment with "#cotd" does not work.) From here on out, we'll mine through the brilliance via the Comment of the Day tag page.
Use #trollpatrol to report comments that you feel the editors/mods should be aware of. Try not to respond to/approve/promote trollish comments in the threads — instead, just post the comment on the #trollpatrol page, the same way you'd post a comment on #groupthink or on the #cotd page, and the editors/mods will take care of it.
For meetups, use the meetup tag page!
Oh! My God! I Miss You" />