The best and worst comments of the day, and a reminder to all commenters:
Best Comment Of The Day, in response to Ugh-ies: "This diaper ad is full of shit." We say: Agreed! It stinks. • Best Comment Of The Day, in response to Anti-Obesity Activist MeMe Roth Compares Eating To Rape: "MeMe, please stop-stop to talk-talk." We say: YesYes. • Worst Comment Of The Day, in response to Anti-Obesity Activist MeMe Roth Compares Eating To Rape: "But she has such pretty hair.... " We say: What does that have to do with anything? • Worst Comment Of The Day, in response to Russell Brand Has _____ In The Bag: "I just don't find him attractive." Hortense says: That's what he has in the bag?
As reminder, there are commenting rules:
Characteristics of a good comment:
• Insight/additional information
• Intelligent critique
• Calm, courteous, reasoned disagreement, either with the opinions/facts presented in a post itself or with other commenters
• Sharing of relevant, personal anecdote (within reason)
Characteristics of a bad comment:
• Personal attacks on other commenters or Jezebel editors
• Deliberate provocation/trollishness
• Self-promotion (including blogpimping)
• Creating/contributing to an echo chamber: ("So cute!" or "I hate...")
• Whining/Complaining: ("I don't want to read about this, can't we see pictures of puppies?")
•Irrelevance: "I don't know who this person is" or "First!"
Oh! My God! I Miss You" />